PFT Co's with larger equip?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vik

I realize PFT is a huge can of worms, but in a discussion with some other pilots, I became curious if there is or has ever been a PFT program that used larger equipment like 737s, 757s, etc.

I don't need to hear anyone's opinion on PFT or opinion of me for asking the question, etc. Yes, I know PFT is bad. I'm asking out of sheer morbid curiousity.

Seems like there was some outfit, maybe it's still around, which rented out the right seat of it's 727.

Southwest, a national airline, uses pay for training.

FN FAL said:
Southwest, a national airline, uses pay for training.

Here we go!

A Squared said:
Seems like there was some outfit, maybe it's still around, which rented out the right seat of it's 727.

That's Custom Air Transport (CAT).

Heyas,

Valujet was PFT before the shutdown. I think it was something like 12k or so for the DC-9.

They had it when they re-started and bought AirTran (the 737 operator...the old "Manatee") for the name. I believe that they quit doing PFT around January of 98.

Nu

There is a company in Miami called Eagle something or another that provides PFT for companies I think pretty much in whatever size equipment you want.

Found them, Eagle Jet.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. If anyone has anymore, feel free to add.

FN FAL -- sorry. I don't agree with you on that one, but thanks for your reply anyway.

Flyboyz said:
There is a company in Miami called Eagle something or another that provides PFT for companies I think pretty much in whatever size equipment you want.

Latest resources

Back