Pan Am Intl' Flight Academy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ChadCRJ

If their are any current Pan Am students or grads of Pan Am I would appreciate a response to these questions. (I plan on attending the Ft. Pierce Campus)

Do you like Pan Am is it a good school?

Do must students who complete the program get hired back to flight instruct? What about now with the conditions in the airline industry? Are they still hiring instructors?

Also, hows job placement for grads out of the program? I know now it might not be all that great. But do they really have partnerships with the regional airlines that clame to give you conditional employment? Are students getting hired?

If so, with how much time and how long does it typically take a student to get to the hiring point?

I would appreciate anyone with any info or any help that they may provide. Thanks again.

Contacting Departure,

Good day.

I just got hired by pan am as a flight instructor. It seems like a good place to work. The only problem i had was the freakin humidity and weather there. It also seems like a dead town so studying should not be a problem.

Treasure Coast boredom antidote

Try Vero if you like good food. There is some great Italian and barbecue on U.S. 1. PM me if you want to know where. :)

The heat and humidity diminish around November, about the time the snowbirds arrive. It gets sultry around late February.

PanAm

From what I have been told the PanAM in Fl is alot more relaxed vs. the one in Phoenix. I would get my PVT and Inst. ratings before going there. PM me for more!

stay away from pan am unless you've too much money to waste.
lot of good schools out there who will give you better training in less money and getting hired as an instructor will be much easy with them.
have you looked at ATP in Stuart, FL and Ari Ben in Fort Pierce, FL?

Ari Ben, Comair, PanAm

I have been looking at all three schools. (CAA, PanAm, and Ari Ben) Ari Ben is so much cheaper than CAA and PanAm but the only thing I don't really like is that your not guranteed an interview with neone. I don't believe you are with PanAm either. But at the Comair Academy I know of CFI's getting hired out of Sanford now going to Comair with 1200 hrs. Its just the fact of paying 48k (CAA)compared to 28k (Ari Ben). I mean with things the way they are now what do you guys think? Would you goto Comair and have somewhat of a shorter way in the cockpit. Or goto Ari Ben and have to flight instruct for three years just to build enough time to be even considered. Just let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Chad

To borrow from an old adage, a guaranteed interview in this market is about as useful as the altitude above you and the runway behind you. Even with a guaranteed interview, you're still not going to get the job when you're up against people with gobs of Part 121 turbine experience who've been furloughed. By the time you have the hours to be competitive, a guaranteed interview won't be an issue; you'll get plenty of interviews. Trust me on this: all those "bridge" programs and alliances touted by the big-name, big-dollar schools ain't gonna get you into an RJ cockpit right now. What you want--and what the schools can't guarantee--is a job, not merely an interview.

The multi time you'll get with either ATP or Ari-Ben are what will get you hired by a regional sooner, not a guaranteed interview.

VFR,

Sorry, you are wrong. CFI's from CAA are still interviewing with both Comair and Chatauqua at 1000/100 and being hired. Yes, they are interviewing with others who have gobs of 121/135 time. Apparently, they're doing fairly well too. Try not to spread misinformation. My opinion is that the guaranteed interview is far more valuable now than it ever was. Before, anybody could get in the door with low time...not so these days.

172 driver
sounds like you work there or know someone who does Is CAA only hiring from their grads that go through their whole program Are they anyhiring CFI 's that did not go through their school?

Latest resources

Back