• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ouch Delta !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh my gawd! Ouch indeed! Those 10 first class seats on that plane will go for a premium I am sure. Wow.
Bye Bye--General Lee

First Class seats in an RJ? That's like buying a Geo Metro with leather interior! You're styling now, baby!

Look for a lot more of the "Ouch I can't feel my legs" at Delta.

Net loss of 737 lift with the switcharoo on boeing orders means less mainline on domestic routes. Here comes the Regional flying.

Use your frequent flyer miles while you can without pain!!!!

We never flew the PIT to SLC route. A lot of these CR9 routes are routes we never tried before. If they fill them, maybe a future 737-700 or MD88 can take it over.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And I'll say it again: If Jen Lee and 50.1% of his DALPA buddies had not caved on scope, it still would be a mainline route.

I don't want to hear one word, General, about regionals "taking" this flying: small-jet operators only fly what mainline scope clauses allow them to.

You voted to give the flying away and the industry takes another step backwards.

It never was a mainline DL route. I can understand starting a new route and seeing if it merrits a mainline plane. That is fine with me. Nashville was converted to an MD90. YYZ in the Winter was switched to a CR9 from an MD90, which makes sense in the Winter. I have no problem with that. It still has 76 seats, and that is it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And I'll say it again: If Jen Lee and 50.1% of his DALPA buddies had not caved on scope, it still would be a mainline route.
Rogue:
Regardless of what issues you have with the Gen, SLC-PIT was never a mainline route. SLC-PHL is.

I don't want to hear one word, General, about regionals "taking" this flying: small-jet operators only fly what mainline scope clauses allow them to.
If it was never a mainline route, how can anyone complain about a route that was "taken."
You voted to give the flying away and the industry takes another step backwards.
Unfortunately, I agree. That being said, look at how other BK carriers fared during their processes and you'll see that our work rules/pay/benefits did better!

Actually the range numbers on the 900 block aircraft are really good. Zero wing endurance with IFR reserves is over six hours. Because it will only have 70 or 76 seats it will not be payload restricted and can take full fuel and payload on all flights that are not landing limited. Delta is also looking at this aircraft doing Central and South American cities out of ATL.

I would think that the Zero Wing endurance numbers would be very poor.

PIPE

Just did the Jumbo Jungle Jet between CMH and SLC. Just over 4.0 WB and 3.5 EB. Small plane 70-seats. Ride Sucked both ways. ER170 does not like the turb well. Can't imagine Canadair will fair any better. Personally I will pay the extra bucks for mainlaine where available.

First Class WILL ABSOLUTELY go for a premium. Others like me will digress to the mainline with minimal load impact to the rj routes like this AND inversely, Delta will benefit from increased sales on higher fares for mainline service.

Overall a pretty strategic move by Delta. Hats off to the brains down in atl.

100-1/2

It never was a mainline DL route. I can understand starting a new route and seeing if it merrits a mainline plane. That is fine with me. Nashville was converted to an MD90. YYZ in the Winter was switched to a CR9 from an MD90, which makes sense in the Winter. I have no problem with that. It still has 76 seats, and that is it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It actually makes no sense. We can't do YYZ-SLC non-stop when SLC needs an alternate without a fuel stop, even with only 70 seats.

Overall a pretty strategic move by Delta. Hats off to the brains down in atl.

100-1/2[/quote]

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH Yeah, this is a TOTAL OXYMORON!!! Brains and ATL
DEFINATELY Don't MIX!!!!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back