Ouch Delta !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flaps30

I can't feel my legs. 3 hrs in an RJ, yummy.

Delta to Offer Customers Only Nonstop Service Between Salt Lake City and Pittsburgh

Wednesday December 6, 3:53 pm ET

SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 6, 2006 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines this winter will continue building its Salt Lake City hub -- one of the largest hubs in the West -- with the addition of new nonstop service between Salt Lake City and Pittsburgh. The new service, effective March 1, 2007, will be the only 3.5 hour nonstop service between the two cities, offering customers convenient flight options for business or leisure travel.
Delta continues to cripple folks on every coast and as part of our ongoing commitment to Salt Lake City and the customers flying through our western hub, we're pleased to offer the only nonstop service to Pittsburgh,'' said Bob Cortelyou, Delta's vice president of Network Planning. ``With the addition of new nonstop service to Pittsburgh and Charlotte in March 2007, Delta's Salt Lake City hub will boast more than 340 flights to 111 destinations.''
Delta's daily service to Pittsburgh will be operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest Airlines using the 70-seat Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft -- offering an all-leather interior and two-class cabin with 10 seats in first class and 60 seats in economy, the pilots will make the same reguardless of aircraft size.
Delta's new nonstop service between Salt Lake City and Pittsburgh, effective March 1, 2007, stock up on blood thinner now. Flight Departs Arrives 3911 Salt Lake City at 10 a.m. Pittsburgh at 3:54 p.m. 3911 Pittsburgh at 5:30 p.m. Salt Lake City at 7:47 p.m.

Think this used to be a WAL route.......737 perhaps.

I can't stand flying in the back of a CRJ........too small!!!

I'm sure that in about 1000 hours TT you won't have a problem with it.

Delta to Offer Customers Only Nonstop Service Between Salt Lake City and Pittsburgh

SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 6, 2006 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines this winter will continue building its Salt Lake City hub -- one of the largest hubs in the West -- with the addition of new nonstop service between Salt Lake City and Pittsburgh. The new service, effective March 1, 2007, will be the only 3.5 hour nonstop service between the two cities, offering customers convenient flight options for business or leisure travel.
Delta continues to cripple folks on every coast and as part of our ongoing commitment to Salt Lake City and the customers flying through our western hub, we're pleased to offer the only nonstop service to Pittsburgh,'' said Bob Cortelyou, Delta's vice president of Network Planning. ``With the addition of new nonstop service to Pittsburgh and Charlotte in March 2007, Delta's Salt Lake City hub will boast more than 340 flights to 111 destinations.''
Delta's daily service to Pittsburgh will be operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest Airlines using the 70-seat Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft -- offering an all-leather interior and two-class cabin with 10 seats in first class and 60 seats in economy, the pilots will make the same reguardless of aircraft size.
Delta's new nonstop service between Salt Lake City and Pittsburgh, effective March 1, 2007, stock up on blood thinner now. Flight Departs Arrives 3911 Salt Lake City at 10 a.m. Pittsburgh at 3:54 p.m. 3911 Pittsburgh at 5:30 p.m. Salt Lake City at 7:47 p.m.

Oh my gawd! Ouch indeed! Those 10 first class seats on that plane will go for a premium I am sure. Wow.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There will be plenty of fuel stops in the winter probably, especially when SLC weather is no bueno and a fat alternate is required.

Last edited:
Actually the range numbers on the 900 block aircraft are really good. Zero wing endurance with IFR reserves is over six hours. Because it will only have 70 or 76 seats it will not be payload restricted and can take full fuel and payload on all flights that are not landing limited. Delta is also looking at this aircraft doing Central and South American cities out of ATL.

Rest assured the pilots will make the same regardless of aircraft size.

Did you insert that part??

Look for a lot more of the "Ouch I can't feel my legs" at Delta.

Net loss of 737 lift with the switcharoo on boeing orders means less mainline on domestic routes. Here comes the Regional flying.

Use your frequent flyer miles while you can without pain!!!!

Last edited:

And I'll say it again: If Jen Lee and 50.1% of his DALPA buddies had not caved on scope, it still would be a mainline route.

I don't want to hear one word, General, about regionals "taking" this flying: small-jet operators only fly what mainline scope clauses allow them to.

You voted to give the flying away and the industry takes another step backwards.

Latest resources

Back