• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Open Skies US/EU Approved

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A LOT of us WERE donating to the PAC. Well, the PAC won't see another dime from me anymore. I don't know about the others. No sense in supporting a weak organization where they won't represent the majority.

Everyone seems to be skipping the question OK3 asked. How does more trans-atlantic flying hurt our domistic system? I am with him, I must be missing something. For Fedex the company has already started talking with our Union about new routes we are going to fly because of this. Stuff we can't do now so we have to contract it out. Somebody explain how thats bad or what I am missing.

Wozin, I think folks are (rightly) concerned that eventually this will lead to outsourcing of Yankee flying for freight and pax. Initially there will be an increase for US carriers but as time goes on I speculate (just theory, no fact) there will be a push to allow outside carriers (i.e., cheapest) to do the flying. The ol' camel getting its nose inside the tent....

In 20 years this industry will be like the shipping industry. Foreign flags lined up at LGA bound for ORD and DCA.

In 20 years this industry will be like the shipping industry. Foreign flags lined up at LGA bound for ORD and DCA.

With cheap foerign labor happily working for cents on the dollar....

Hate to prop up the sky but exactly where will all these foreign laborers come from?

There is a desperate pilot shortage everywhere but in the U.S. Will that change? Maybe, but not anytime soon. TC

Hate to prop up the sky but exactly where will all these foreign laborers come from?

There is a desperate pilot shortage everywhere but in the U.S. Will that change? Maybe, but not anytime soon. TC

Perhaps that shady PFT place that was in Orlando (can't remember the name) can reopen in Malaysia and do some PFTing. They don't seem to have any trouble finding laborers making Nike tennis shoes or Charbroil grills over in China. I realize flying is a different skill set but where there is a will there is a way - especially if a nickel can be saved!

Wasn't the big plan at Delta to go after the international money? Is Delta now totally screwed?

Huh? The only thing we will gain here is Heathrow slots, and this agreement is better than the current Bermuda 2 rules that only allow UAL and AA to have slots there. We can wait a bit. We go almost everywhere else in Europe, and now we can add some extra frequency. (this Summer we are adding Vienna, Bucharest, and Pisa, Italy) Heathrow is the crown jewel, and now we have a shot at it. Can we get slots or gates there? I bet some Skyteam members would allow us to borrow some.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back