• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oops!! WHAT Circuit Breaker?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is Genny Lee on this one? He is probably scouring the internet in his basement apartment trying to find this answer....

Yeah, that's the part that isn't so clear. I think there is room for interpretation, i.e. we wouldn't take it across to Europe, but we might on the way home.

It is???? Low hyd fluid indication is a ground turn back as per the MEL reference!
Assuming that you get your center Hyd system inop on the ground, you won't be able to raise the gear, not much interpretation there!!!

Where is Genny Lee on this one? He is probably scouring the internet in his basement apartment trying to find this answer....

You beat me to it! He's probably rubbing his nose in the regional forum and ridiculing those poor RJ drivers. I don't recall reading any post of his regarding technical issues and discussions. Makes you wonder...

It is???? Low hyd fluid indication is a ground turn back as per the MEL reference!
Assuming that you get your center Hyd system inop on the ground, you won't be able to raise the gear, not much interpretation there!!!

Understand what you are saying, clearly we wouldn't take off with it, however if we were already on the way, there is flexibility there to continue vs. divert.

Good question-

C'mon general- you do make it sound like you're just another Passenger eating sundaes-

Kick some flyer knowledge since you flew this for so long- prove you don't piss on the industry in every way

Genny is absent, because he cannot weigh in, without hours of Google searching.
Missing because he is a genuine fraud.......

What's great here is that I hadn't even looked at this thread until good ole PBR mentioned it to me. I read the posts, and NWAF16dude hit all the highlights. Apparently they got this indication after TO from EWR, talked to their dispatch, and flew all the way to Warsaw. Could they not see a CB over a 10 hour flight? You think they would have looked at everything, and maybe that CB popped on landing. That Capt did do a great job landing it gear up, though.

As I stated to the Brasilia FO PBR, I don't have to delve into systems as much as before. Recurrent orals now consist of 1 page of limitations, a half page of memory items, and walk around slides. Enroute, if problems occur, you look at the QRH, use ACARS to contact maintenance, and if needed do a patch on ATL radio. Ask NWAF16dude or Googles Pisano. The system knowledge is still there, but airlines want you to go via a set system of checklists, not off the top of your head anymore. You get an EICAS message, you go to the QRH, then you ask MX next.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back