• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One of these guys could be your next FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Although I've been cruising around here a few months, I haven't posted much, but I feel I've been dragged into this one. Now before you all start up the flamethrowers to grill me let me explain and tell you a little bit about myself.

First off let me confess that I am the one flying the seminole (yes I landed 1500' down the runway, and hit the 1000' marker on the 2nd shot. Cut me some slack on that first one, this was during my multi training so needless to say my landings weren't perfect). See the guy in the right seat? That would be my instructor. This flight was sometime around last August/September, and neither of us knew the footage would be used for something like this! Also, neither of us were involved in making this video or any shots other than the Seminole flying. I can honestly say that we are two of the most down to earth and mature people are ERAU. God knows I wish so many more were not tools. If we could replace all the dorks/tools at ERAU with decent ladies, oh man wouldn't it be nice? Anyways thats not goingt to happen in my lifetime...so back to this subject.

Don't worry!!! These guys will not be your f/o in the future. They will be flying USCG helos and USAF jets.

A bit about myself, I am originally from NC and after deciding to become a pilot (although I'm still not sure where the crazy idea came from. No one else in my family is a pilot, so I am not the "cocky, god's gift to aviation son of a pilot" types). I choose to goto ERAU because I liked the school, the beach, and the aircraft. Have I sometimes regretted this decision, yes at times. Have I sometimes enjoyed it, again the answer is yes. Of course there are things I hate about it, but there are things I like about it too. Any university I choose would have positives and negatives. In highschool I worked weeknights and weekends to pay for my private pilot lessons at a part 61 school. I received my Private after graduating high school, and before attending ERAU. I completed the rest of my ratings at ERAU, and am currently employed as an instructor. In previous summers I worked cleaning charter/corporate aircraft at he same airport where I got my private, Concord Regional for those of you who care. I am working as an intern for a regional airline (based out of ATL). I do not get any allowance from my parents (my family is by no means wealthy). This bill is all me, which is tough. I release how much money and effort this was after I was already at ERAU, and through enough that I decide to continue and finish what I started rather than quit or transfer. I have worked my ass off both in school and at work to get where I wanted to be. Could I have been in the same spot by going to another school, yea maybe. But this is the road I took, so I'm dealing with it now, and trying to make the most of my opportunities.

Now for those of you who still think I am some cocky "Riddle-rat" who just wants to fly a shiney new jet, let me explain my opinions on the industry. I don't just want to fly a shiny jet. I want to work for a good, respectible company, with a decent contract and a great living. P.S. Mesa/GJets SUCK!!! And I constantly tell people DO NOT go there. I hear the but its a quick upgrade and at least I'll be flying a jet excuses most of the time, and I just have to continue to fight for my beliefs. Flying is great and I very much enjoy it, but it is by no means my entire life. People who only talk about airplanes and flying 24/7 bug me. Yes I do talk about flying (any pilot does), but not when I'm at a party or out for dinner. I have a life outside of being a pilot, something I must suggest to everyone out there who doesn't. I surf, play guitar, am a volunteer fire fighter, and part of the EMS club. Being at a flight school hearing people talk 24/7 about flying is enough to burn me out without having something else to think/talk about.

Now I've lost my train of thought... so I'll finish by saying there are a lot of tools out there, but not everyone at Riddle is one (I agree there are a bunch!! But I know many down to earth people who want a decent living rather than a seat in a shiny jet. To me the trick is to find these few and hang out with them to avoid becoming a tool.). If you meet someone, take a minute to hear them out and get to know them before marking them as tool or no-tool. For the sake of those who read this, I hope you only deal with the respectible ERAU grads.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read what I had to say. Theres your ammo, so fire at will.

"How can you hold a grudge when you can't even hold a job?"

Last edited:
eaglepilot6 said:
Although I've been cruising around here a few months, I haven't posted much, but I feel I've been dragged into this one. Now before you all start up the flamethrowers to grill me let me explain and tell you a little bit about myself.

First off let me confess that I am the one flying the seminole (yes I landed 1500' down the runway, and hit the 1000' marker on the 2nd shot. Cut me some slack on that first one, this was during my multi training so needless to say my landings weren't perfect). See the guy in the right seat? That would be my instructor. This flight was sometime around last August/September, and neither of us knew the footage would be used for something like this! Also, neither of us were involved in making this video or any shots other than the Seminole flying. I can honestly say that we are two of the most down to earth and mature people are ERAU. God knows I wish so many more were not tools. If we could replace all the dorks/tools at ERAU with decent ladies, oh man wouldn't it be nice? Anyways thats not goingt to happen in my lifetime...so back to this subject.

Don't worry!!! These guys will not be your f/o in the future. They will be flying USCG helos and USAF jets.

A bit about myself, I am originally from NC and after deciding to become a pilot (although I'm still not sure where the crazy idea came from. No one else in my family is a pilot, so I am not the "cocky, god's gift to aviation son of a pilot" types). I choose to goto ERAU because I liked the school, the beach, and the aircraft. Have I sometimes regretted this decision, yes at times. Have I sometimes enjoyed it, again the answer is yes. Of course there are things I hate about it, but there are things I like about it too. Any university I choose would have positives and negatives. In highschool I worked weeknights and weekends to pay for my private pilot lessons at a part 61 school. I received my Private after graduating high school, and before attending ERAU. I completed the rest of my ratings at ERAU, and am currently employed as an instructor. In previous summers I worked cleaning charter/corporate aircraft at he same airport where I got my private, Concord Regional for those of you who care. I am working as an intern for a regional airline (based out of ATL). I do not get any allowance from my parents (my family is by no means wealthy). This bill is all me, which is tough. I release how much money and effort this was after I was already at ERAU, and through enough that I decide to continue and finish what I started rather than quit or transfer. I have worked my ass off both in school and at work to get where I wanted to be. Could I have been in the same spot by going to another school, yea maybe. But this is the road I took, so I'm dealing with it now, and trying to make the most of my opportunities.

Now for those of you who still think I am some cocky "Riddle-rat" who just wants to fly a shiney new jet, let me explain my opinions on the industry. I don't just want to fly a shiny jet. I want to work for a good, respectible company, with a decent contract and a great living. P.S. Mesa/GJets SUCK!!! And I constantly tell people DO NOT go there. I hear the but its a quick upgrade and at least I'll be flying a jet excuses most of the time, and I just have to continue to fight for my beliefs. Flying is great and I very much enjoy it, but it is by no means my entire life. People who only talk about airplanes and flying 24/7 bug me. Yes I do talk about flying (any pilot does), but not when I'm at a party or out for dinner. I have a life outside of being a pilot, something I must suggest to everyone out there who doesn't. I surf, play guitar, am a volunteer fire fighter, and part of the EMS club. Being at a flight school hearing people talk 24/7 about flying is enough to burn me out without having something else to think/talk about.

Now I've lost my train of thought... so I'll finish by saying there are a lot of tools out there, but not everyone at Riddle is one (I agree there are a bunch!! But I know many down to earth people who want a decent living rather than a seat in a shiny jet. To me the trick is to find these few and hang out with them to avoid becoming a tool.). If you meet someone, take a minute to hear them out and get to know them before marking them as tool or no-tool. For the sake of those who read this, I hope you only deal with the respectible ERAU grads.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read what I had to say. Theres your ammo, so fire at will.

"How can you hold a grudge when you can't even hold a job?"

Fine junior, now you listen to this. When you finally do get your shiny new jet job remember this. Some of those old crusty a--holes you will fly with have more time inside the outer marker than you have total time! (I am not exaggerating) And they were getting paid to fly before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. They really don't want to hear how "qualified" you are to be there, they just want you to be able to do your job like you're supposed to be able to and not get the s**t scared out of them on a LOC BC at night in the rain with a 20 knot crosswind to a 6000 ft. runway. (Yes we still do them). So show up on time, look professional, and remember, you really don't know the first thing about what you are doing and you still have a lot to learn! And when you've "held a job" for 20+ years, you'll realize why videos like this look so stupid!

CJA said:
Fine junior, now you listen to this. When you finally do get your shiny new jet job remember this. Some of those old crusty a--holes you will fly with have more time inside the outer marker than you have total time! (I am not exaggerating) And they were getting paid to fly before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. They really don't want to hear how "qualified" you are to be there, they just want you to be able to do your job like you're supposed to be able to and not get the s**t scared out of them on a LOC BC at night in the rain with a 20 knot crosswind to a 6000 ft. runway. (Yes we still do them). So show up on time, look professional, and remember, you really don't know the first thing about what you are doing and you still have a lot to learn! And when you've "held a job" for 20+ years, you'll realize why videos like this look so stupid!

I agree with you 110%!!! That is exactly what I'm talking about! Being professional, on time, and knowing that what I do know, is just the tip of the iceburg. I never said that I am better than a pilot who has been flying airliners longer than my life, and by no means do I believe that. I want to be able to fly that approach and have you teach me something rather than sit there and keep to yourself muttering how much I suck at this. Again I'm still (and always will be) learning. I already realize how stupid this video is, and believe me theres more out there to give us all a bad rep, unfortionatly.

EDIT: As far as you older pilots being "crusty a-holes"... haha I got a good laugh outta that one. Sure there's jerks out there, but from the older pilots I've dealt with, I respect them and the majority were anything but a-holes. You guys and gals are setting the example for us young bucks.

Last edited:
It's not the crusty a-holes you have to worry about. It's the 28-year-old newly-minted RJ Captain who is "laid back" and "by the book" that you have to worry about.

eaglepilot6 said:
I agree with you 110%!!! That is exactly what I'm talking about! Being professional, on time, and knowing that what I do know, is just the tip of the iceburg. I never said that I am better than a pilot who has been flying airliners longer than my life, and by no means do I believe that. I want to be able to fly that approach and have you teach me something rather than sit there and keep to yourself muttering how much I suck at this. Again I'm still (and always will be) learning. I already realize how stupid this video is, and believe me theres more out there to give us all a bad rep, unfortionatly.

Great, sounds like you have the right attitude and will do well in this business. Didn't mean to sound like such a crank, just get tired of some of the cockiness. You make a good point though, the old bastards who just sit and mutter about how much you suck should be sent out to pasture. They forget they were new and still learning once upon a time. Too bad they think they still can't learn something. Like anything else, it's the 1-2%, 98-99% are great, no matter the age or experience. It is still the best job in the world!

Why are some pilots such dorks? It gives a bad name to the few of us who try to be normal. . . . god after seeing that I'm almost embarassed to carry around my certificates!

Latest resources

Back