Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Little U Big U!
Protect Essential!

I did 8 months on the panel of a 727, definitely a thankless job but it did have interesting moments. When it starts to get stressful, just look at it this way. Captain Kirk may have commanded the Enterprise, but it wouldn't go anywhere without Scotty RUNNING it.

dude, that's like the water boy taking credit for his team winning the super bowl.

Last edited:
Being an FE is absolutely the worst "flying job" out there. Expect to be degraded and over worked,

???

It was a great time for me. Anchorage was nice, crews were fine, and the trips were always interesting. Cool layovers with infinite ammount of new things to see. Domestic right seat flying is fine too, and will always be there..... Have fun with it..

???

It was a great time for me. Anchorage was nice, crews were fine, and the trips were always interesting. Cool layovers with infinite ammount of new things to see. Domestic right seat flying is fine too, and will always be there..... Have fun with it..

The FE job is usally good for the Ex-Military guy who has never worked with a crew. It allows him time to watch the operation from a permanent jumpseat. For someone who already has flown as a "crew"--it is a worthless time. I know a guy who was hired at Sun Country and was an FE for 3 years before being furloughed after 9-11. What time did he acrew? Nothing. It was a worthless 3 years that did NOTHING for his logbook.

As far as being a NWA 742 FE in ANC, sure, that could be fun for awhile, and seeing Asia could be nice. But, being the third guy can be tough when the older two guys are always looking at you asking "can you please heat up the cockpit?" "Yes, master" will be your response. Unless you live in ANC, pick the DC-9 when given the choice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

dude, that's like the water boy taking credit for his team winning the super bowl.

It's also something to repeat to yourself over and over again when you're stuck sitting sideways on a 4 and a half hour leg to keep from going completely insane. But obviously, you've never riden the panel or you'd be able to relate.

Anc

The bottom two newhires of Nov 19th class went to the SO in ANC position on the the 747-200.
Everyone else got the DC9 DTW and MEM.

Yes, I'm from ANC. That is the whole deal, once I hang my hat at a major I'm not building/logging time anymore. So sitting sideways, heating meals and doing a preflight is fine by me. I'll be home!

I spent years loading navajos, flying 20 legs a day in 40 below, this will be a huge step up. Plus second year pay is better than the 9 and I'll be on reserve which is more time at home. I'm looking forward this......

Loving this thread though....

Keep it up.

"I did 6 months..." "I did 8 months..." WTF? You can't even call yourself a F/E unless you put in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Kids...! ;) TC

P.S.--I was F/E on the L10 for 3 1/2 years but the L10 was so easy, I only got one year's resume credit for it. :D GL is right about it being a waste of time for resume purposes. Interviewer: "What was your scariest moment as a F/E?" Interviewee: "We left LGA for PBI and the FA said we only had two crew meals. Turns out she was wrong but it was touch and go for a minute..."

"I did 6 months..." "I did 8 months..." WTF? You can't even call yourself a F/E unless you put in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Kids...! ;) TC

Heh, tell that to the scumsucker who furloughed me. If it hadn't been for that...... hell I might STILL be on that dang panel somewhere.

:beer:

Seniority is done by age, they will have it figured out before you get there, and the employee #'s are not sequential, they must award the numbers based on when the security check is complete or something like that.

Latest resources

Back