no swa march class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Guys

just wanted to chime in about the support factor of our poolie family. This board has been our life blood for what seems like an eternity now. The positive comments on just about all subjects never ceases to amaze me. While I haven't been activated yet, I suppose it's right around the corner. Knowing that we have a group of supportive friends either cheering us on while drown proofing or keeping us posted as to the latest and greatest at LUV with regard to the looming war has made this wacky experience quite a bit easier to handle......(if that's not a run on I don't know what is)

Hpaul....thanks for your dedication and service. I'll see you over there sooner or later. And to the rest of the poolie nation....thanks for turning this into one big family. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when we finally get to DAL it would be an absolute honor and a sincere privilige to buy each and every one of you the highest octane beverage of your choice. Just look for the guy with the official "Pool Rat 2003-2003" t-shirt :)

Had my monthly phone chat with LL yesterday...she said the same about no March classes, 2 classes likely in April and either 2 in May or 1 in May and 1 in June. I'm #46 on our newest list and she said I can expect to be there in 4 more classes...whew! Assuming 20 per class, looks like there's between 10 - 30 poolies missing from our list before my pool date.

HPaul3, hang in there....sorry you had to sign out. Remember, you'll be coming back to a great airline! Good luck and get back soon.:cool:

Last edited:
Just returned from my PC in Dallas. Training informed those of us in recurrent that the latest number of new hires projected for this year will be reduced from 180 to 140. Currently there are no plans to resume interviews in 2003. Southwest is hedged 85% this year and so far 80% next year, which means we should stay profitable. However, due to the uncertainty with Iraq, we will stay very conservative with respect to growth. There are still 60 instructores on property and as soon as the war issue is resolved, the company is ready to take advantage of the current market. Look forward to seeing you on the line.

Hayden

Deployments

HPaul3,

I can imagine how disappointed you must be to leave right after you started training. I thank you for your dedication, service, and attitude. Every reward has its sacrifice and every sacrifice has its reward. You'll return to SWA with a line number and enough seniority to not to be on reserve! I'm praying for your speedy return. God Bless.

I don't get it...

It seems strange to me that with all of the military calls (God Bless you guys), and all of the J-aiding in OAK, that the people dept. would cancel classes. Guess I don't get the BIG picture. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks everyone!

Wow, you guys really made my day. Thank you for your good wishes and support.

First of all, I'm not disappointed at all. My unit is filled with outstanding people who've taught me more about service and patriotism in a year and a half with them than I'd ever known before. And my experience at Southwest, though short, just cemented my loyalty and desire to return. Everyone I met was just as warm and positive as I could imagine. And take this to heart, I can't describe how strongly I feel that the company is supporting me all the way. I have absolutely zero doubt they will welcome me back with open arms. This is not the script that I would have written, but we really don't choose our own destinies (God knows you poolies understand that).

Second, I made the recent choice to stay in, fully aware of the possibility of activation. I made that choice based on my personal feeling that the time was not right for me to leave, with the skills I'd learned in the USAF in high demand. As I've told my family and friends, it is a privilege to serve.

And PT, you're right....I am blessed to have a number. I have not been able to take my company ID off since I got it ;) For once, my timing was just about perfect.

Take care guys, and fly safe!
--HP

Last edited:
HP..

Thanks for all you have done and are about to do..

And yes..you are right..They will treat you as you should be when you are a part of a large extended family..Get used to it..Its almost weird sometimes just how nice they can be..

Now then..lets look at a lighter side of all this..

Lets see here..Let me get this straight..

You get to go and help rid the world of a very nasty group of people while flying some really cool stuff with some really cool people doing some really cool things..

All this while you are going up in senority everyday at the best job in the world that just let you take your ID home with you..

The end result will be that you wont have to sit reserve in OAK and may even have a line depending on how long your services are needed..

Man...your future is so brite you gotta wear shades!!

You just gotta love when a plan comes together!!

Be well..Be safe and come home when you get the job done..

Mike
:D

MLBWINGBORN said:
HP..

Thanks for all you have done and are about to do..

And yes..you are right..They will treat you as you should be when you are a part of a large extended family..Get used to it..Its almost weird sometimes just how nice they can be..

Now then..lets look at a lighter side of all this..

Lets see here..Let me get this straight..

You get to go and help rid the world of a very nasty group of people while flying some really cool stuff with some really cool people doing some really cool things..

All this while you are going up in senority everyday at the best job in the world that just let you take your ID home with you..

The end result will be that you wont have to sit reserve in OAK and may even have a line depending on how long your services are needed..

Man...your future is so brite you gotta wear shades!!

You just gotta love when a plan comes together!!

Be well..Be safe and come home when you get the job done..

Mike
:D

Mike,

To answer your post, all I can say is.....Precisely! ;) You have grasped the gestalt of the situation.

It's definitely not all bad. I do live about 2000 miles from my unit, unfortunately. But with SWA passes and a little luck in scheduling, I should be able to see the family occasionally. Like I said before, the support I've gotten from SWA is fantastic, and I can't wait to go back. Thanks for your good wishes, and I'll check in once in a while.

Cheers!
HP

Latest resources

Back