no swa march class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N1WH

Talked to LL today just to check in with her. She said that on this last friday they had been told that there will not be a march class and that april is tentative. Also she said they might cut back on the number of new hires there will be this year. This is all subject to change as well based on if there is a war coming.
She also told me that I would be in the 5th class if there is one. She said I am about number 80 on there list. In our unofficial list I am now #62 so there are definitely some people that arent registered. She said I am right on the bubble for hiring this year if they go with the projected hiring for the year. Hope this info helps some. Good luck to everyone in the pool.

Does anyone know just how long unemployment benefits last ???

Saw the info posted in the MDW crew lounge last night. It read that the March 17th class is postponed and plans still call for April 14th and 28th classes (Not yet Official of course). It stated the 3/17 class may be maved to later in the year due to a review of manning requirements.

canyonblue, appreciate the post.

I think I can speak for all of the poolies when I say how disappointed we are that the March class is cancelled.
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:(

Caffrey's for St Pat's Day

Pegasus,

Sorry to hear that news for you. I'll start looking for Caffrey's tomorrow. I'll send you a PM as soon as I get the goods, as I'll need your address.

If you can't be in Dallas for St. Pat's Day, you can at least have a few cold ones on me.

Hang in there...you're almost there.

Yahtz

So nothing going on in March....

I'll be glued to CNN and Fox News on or about March 17th for the "Greatest Show on Earth" for a few days anyhow. Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'd be a little too distracted to be in class that month anyway.

Been out of work 15 months now, so what's one more if it means getting rid of the biggest A-hole the world has ever known. We get rid of that guy, then we call the pool boy.

Prediction: There will be two major events in our lives this year that none of us will ever forget. Saddam gets taken out, and the pool gets drained so quick, w8n4swa's hard-drive fries itself tryin to manage the updates.:D

We'd better start taking up a collection for a new Dell.;)

Coop

Sorry......

Hello poolies,

I heard the news about the postponement when I was signing out at SWA on Saturday. Yeah, that's right, signing out. It appears my services are needed elsewhere for a year or so. Sorry I didn't pass the word, but I've been very busy since then.

So the good news is one more person will get to train this year, to fill the slot I have vacated. That day will come! And it will be worth every bit of the wait....the few days I spent at SWA were just incredible. When I left the training center on Saturday, the folks there treated me like I'd been there for five years, let alone five days. You'll get there, and you'll love it.

Good luck to all, and I'll see you at SWA someday soon!

Cheers,
HP

Good Luck HP!

Take that "big gray jet" and blow the stuff up that needs to be blowed up - and come back safe. This is so retarded - lets just get this over with!

HPaul, Sounds like the good Lord was looking over you by getting you that seniority number first! When you come back you'll never have to go to OAK. Congrads, my friend, and send my regards to the folks you are going to "help" over there.

Ugh......

HPaul,

First of all, thank you and EVERY other guard & reservist who has been called to serve. I have a cousin who is leaving for a YEAR in a couple of weeks... it appears that none of us are unaffected by this.

Secondly - your positive attitude about doing what you have to do is outstanding, just be careful and hurry on back.

Thanks again for letting all of us know what a great place we are all (eventually) going to!!

Regards - Tred

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back