• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comments about the SNL Skit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"do you know who I am"?? Yes we do , an arrogant jackass who refuses to comply with airline safety procedures, and inconveniences the rest of the passengers onboard....what a jerk!!

Perhaps you guys should look at it from the perspective of the F/As. They have a tough job, especially when dealing with "privileged" pax...If they want someone 86ed, I'm with them not with the "golds"

Perspective of the FA's. Ha. If its such a tough job they should quit rather than holding on.

Fools like you cause travellers to go with upstarts and foreign competitors. The FA's job has been over glorified for all the wrong reasons. Serve the coffee, do the demo then take care of the passenger - the job you were hired for in the first place.

Perspective of the FA's. Ha. If its such a tough job they should quit rather than holding on.

Fools like you cause travellers to go with upstarts and foreign competitors. The FA's job has been over glorified for all the wrong reasons. Serve the coffee, do the demo then take care of the passenger - the job you were hired for in the first place.

You are not only woefully clueless, you're also a neanderthal. Is that what you think the FAs are there for?

Last edited:
Many FA's can make a mountain over a mole hill, too many of these old gals need to retire or be put out to pasture, they take there position way too seriously. He was in the wrong for keeping the device on, but what did she accomplish by handling the situation the way she did?

Ah yes, only enforcing the FAR's, that is BS, the pilots and the FA's some of the biggest offenders with electronic devices.

The only loser here is AA and their inability to handle a simple situation.

Many FA's can make a mountain over a mole hill, too many of these old gals need to retire or be put out to pasture, they take there position way too seriously. He was in the wrong for keeping the device on, but what did she accomplish by handling the situation the way she did?

Ah yes, only enforcing the FAR's, that is BS, the pilots and the FA's some of the biggest offenders with electronic devices.

The only loser here is AA and their inability to handle a simple situation.

"their"......

Oh, btw, last I heard FAs had no power in kicking a passenger off a plane. That's the Captain's job. ( Captain with BALLS anyway). Did you spiky hair, ipod wearing, backpack-toting boys not read the full story. Moron Baldwin was so incensed at being told he had to turn his phone off, he got out of his seat (with seatbelt sign ON), went to the lav with the phone and slammed the door hard enough for the pilots to hear it. THEY called the FA to see what was happening. It was only then that he was kicked off. "Over the hill, who should retire or be put out to pasture FA" had nothing to do with his swift exit.

You guys crack me up. There's a reason you're still FOs and/or working in Asia.....

Since some of you dudes are either dumber than dirt or just obnoxious, do me a favor and open your wallet. In there is a little green plastic card issued to you by the FAA. Here's a little secret....FAs have them too. Soooo, if a FA is caught NOT enforcing a FAR she is at risk for a hefty fine or revocation of her certificate.

I'm really hoping some of you aren't really pilots. If you are, it's a very sad state of affairs. Give me the crusty old military pilots anyday of the week. They may not be fun on a layover, but at least they have their crew members backs and know how the game is played.

I think what shon and the avatar dummy are missing are a couple simple facts:

1. As you point out, F/As are licensed these days. The problem is neither you nor they know who is sitting on the airplane watching what's going down. In the worst case its an FAA inspector. If she doesn't enforce the FARs, she's in danger of losing her ticket, getting a personal fine, getting an airline fine and losing her job.

2. Then there are the ramifications for YOU if you don't support her. All it takes is one of your corporate officers (or even one of their secretaries!) to be non-revving. If they observe the fact that the F/A tried to do her job and you didn't support her guess who will be doing the carpet dance, Ace. Not her.

3. Even if no one sees you gaff her off, guess what F/As do? They sit on the jumpseat and talk. And often the conversation quickly goes to the butthole pilots who made her job hard by non-support. Your name will get around the inflight crewroom faster than you can fly an Albany turn in your Q400. Not only won't you be getting any coffee, you won't get anything but the cold shoulder on your layovers. Since its obvious the only thing you want from your F/As is youth and casual sex, it might come as a shocker that you won't be getting either.

So, good luck with your attitudes, BOYS. Fortunately, this AA Capt. stepped up and had his F/As back. I guarantee HE'LL be partying hardy for years.

S.. Here's a little secret....FAs have them too. Soooo, if a FA is caught NOT enforcing a FAR she is at risk for a hefty fine or revocation of her certificate...give me the crusty old military pilots anyday of the week. They may not be fun on a layover, but at least they have their crew members backs and know how the game is played.

Half a days training and the ability to open a coke can - lo and behold - you're an FA now. Don't try and equate yourself to a Law Enforcement Agents or a skilled individual. You're neither. Its not about not enforcing FARs, its how you try and do it.

Now go use the cart as a walker and serve the passengers - who by the way pay our salaries.

I think what shon and the avatar dummy are missing are a couple simple facts:

1. As you point out, F/As are licensed these days. The problem is neither you nor they know who is sitting on the airplane watching what's going down. In the worst case its an FAA inspector. If she doesn't enforce the FARs, she's in danger of losing her ticket, getting a personal fine, getting an airline fine and losing her job.

2. Then there are the ramifications for YOU if you don't support her. All it takes is one of your corporate officers (or even one of their secretaries!) to be non-revving. If they observe the fact that the F/A tried to do her job and you didn't support her guess who will be doing the carpet dance, Ace. Not her.

3. Even if no one sees you gaff her off, guess what F/As do? They sit on the jumpseat and talk. And often the conversation quickly goes to the butthole pilots who made her job hard by non-support. Your name will get around the inflight crewroom faster than you can fly an Albany turn in your Q400. Not only won't you be getting any coffee, you won't get anything but the cold shoulder on your layovers. Since its obvious the only thing you want from your F/As is youth and casual sex, it might come as a shocker that you won't be getting either.

So, good luck with your attitudes, BOYS. Fortunately, this AA Capt. stepped up and had his F/As back. I guarantee HE'LL be partying hardy for years.

No. What you're missing is
1) FAs need to do their job in a non hostile, non antagonistic manner without a sense of entitlement

2) The fear of not being assigned a seat while non-revving should not be the motivation for crews not supporting FAs. Crews should support whoever is right - which is usually the passenger (this one will be hard for you to digest)

3) The airline is a business and not some social welfare program for FAs. Instead of sitting at the back and talking about how terrible their lives are or how the company has done them wrong because it has violated their sense of entitlement, they should be walking up and down the aisles taking care of passengers - the job they were hired to do in the first place.

Latest resources

Back