• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comments about the SNL Skit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A devils advocate question for you Zone?
Ever had a FA have a day, and doing more to create drama, than diffuse it? How would you handle that?

Yes, I've seen FAs having a bad day. I've also seen FAs having a perfectly good day until some self-entitled azzzhole (whether celebrity or not) screw it up with their attitude and/or temper tentrums. Most FAs (contrary to what many pilots think) handle it well, of course, some do not. HOWEVER, there is no reason why the AA FA should be the brunt of jokes and scorn from both Alec AND some of you for just doing her job. There is NO reason in the world why HE should be allowed to get away with breaking FARs. If he doesn't want to follow the rules every other passenger has to follow, he can charter his own jet. Do you have any idea what would happen if a FA let one pax do whatever he/she wanted? You'd have a totally out-of-control cabin in sheer minutes. Of course, I wasn't there, but I'm willing to bet she told him nicely several times and he either ignored her or stuck his finger up at her to indicate "one minute."

BTW, I also happen to have status on Star Alliance, Delta and American. I NEVER once think that gives me the right to thumb my nose at the rules. My policy is, get on, sit down, smile, say please and thank you, pay attention to the safety demo, follow FA instructions. Guess what? That gets me treated wonderfully most every time. If more pax would do that, I'd bet there would be a lot less "cranky" FAs.

BTW, I also happen to have status on Star Alliance, Delta and American. I NEVER once think that gives me the right to thumb my nose at the rules. My policy is, get on, sit down, smile, say please and thank you, pay attention to the safety demo, follow FA instructions. Guess what? That gets me treated wonderfully most every time. If more pax would do that, I'd bet there would be a lot less "cranky" FAs.

Simply put, you have manners and it seems to be a rare commodity these days. It would be nice if people used them sometimes.

Wear them proudly---they're a sign of wisdom!

At least a sign of mileage.....

From what I can gather the F/A was doing her/his job. Alec was being impressed with himself. A couple nights for him in jail will level the field again. Customer service is not the F/A attendants primary job. They have a specific safety function to accomplish. And she was in her legal duty to tell him to shut off the game. He can always charter an aircraft and play with what ever floats his boat......

Latest resources

Back