• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA in principal reached!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Doubled the economy in Arkansas? Let me tell you something. When all you have is a penny all it takes is another penny to double your economy. " -- Ross Perot 1992

If you look at year one and the early years of SIC scale. It is only low to mid 50's percent of PIC pay. At year 10 it reaches about 68%. So yes the junior SICs are not getting the standard 68%. This makes their annual raises look larger as they catch up to 68%.

I find this objectionable and I'm unsure why it was done. Perhaps to trick people into feeling their situation is improving every year. Yes but from a substandard position.

But isn't that your daily comparison ? That regardless of status the pay sucks ? A raise was given , and at a almost 20% home . Most people would LOVE that kind of raise , AND you got a signing bonus . If a revolving door is created with th FO's , then that will induce a market controlled need to offer yet another raise to create an incentive to stay . The market place is an awesome tool when used correctly . If the current pay won't keep pilots at Net Jets , they'll have no choice but to offer the incentive . Still can't see why there is still complaining ..... True some of the hotels aren't the BEST , but they're far from the worst . That's gonna change too . And by the way , we stayed at some pretty great hotels , had almost free reign on food , before someone messed it up by going overboard on dinner and drinks ... And then ....

Do you work at NJA?

"Doubled the economy in Arkansas? Let me tell you something. When all you have is a penny all it takes is another penny to double your economy. " -- Ross Perot 1992

If you look at year one and the early years of SIC scale. It is only low to mid 50's percent of PIC pay. At year 10 it reaches about 68%. So yes the junior SICs are not getting the standard 68%. This makes their annual raises look larger as they catch up to 68%.

I find this objectionable and I'm unsure why it was done. Perhaps to trick people into feeling their situation is improving every year. Yes but from a substandard position.

It sure tricked ExecJetCA.

imacdog, some of us weren't gifted as you. It's obvious that your regional RJ wisdom would have saved the day. I have no idea why they didn't appoint you to the NC, in fact why aren't you in management? I am purely humbled being in your electronic presences.

Sorry about your percentages exercise. I'm sure you felt you were really onto something there.

Initially I thought this would fail.

Having attended the latest Union meeting, adamant No voters were turned to yes or significantly softened their opposition.

I think the over/under is now about 65% in favor.

My original prediction was 53-55% yes. I'm now thinking 60%.

STILL waiting to read the full text but I doubt I will read anything to move me off the NO vote. Just the opposite, in fact.

same job with a bit more money

Same people getting special deals are the same people who will get special deals moving forward with this TA

just vote YES and everything will be peachy

Latest resources

Back