• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA in principal reached!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
imac, I am not doing your work for you. You need to present your case. I think its quite amusing how everyone likes to a crack or shot at it, but won't post anything to dispute it.

imac, I am not doing your work for you. You need to present your case. I think its quite amusing how everyone likes to a crack or shot at it, but won't post anything to dispute it.

What's to dispute? The first year pay on the 2007 IBB Contract was $56,875. The first year pay on the 2015 TA is $62,563. That is a 10% increase numerically. However, when you factor in cost of living increases during that 8 year period, that is approximately a 5% pay cut.

You might can argue a 10% increase (I disagree because that doesn't factor in cost of living), but you tried to claim that a first year was getting over a 70% increase with this TA. That is a blatant lie. What other numbers would you like me to post?

I think you need to actually speak to someone about who can open up Section 6 and when on this TA. I think that would at least answer some of your questions.

$56,875 on the 7&7 and $62,653 at ratification is correct. Year 8 is $70,781, an increase of 24.4%. If subtract out 10% or even 15% for inflation that still leaves a 14.4%-9.4% increase. The allocation of money went to where about 80% of the current pilot group is at seniority wise.

I think you need to actually speak to someone about who can open up Section 6 and when on this TA. I think that would at least answer some of your questions.

$56,875 on the 7&7 and $62,653 at ratification is correct. Year 8 is $70,781, an increase of 24.4%. If subtract out 10% or even 15% for inflation that still leaves a 14.4%-9.4% increase. The allocation of money went to where about 80% of the current pilot group is at seniority wise.

I don't have any questions. The company and the union threw the new hires under the bus to get an agreement that would pass. It's not complicated. It is just going to bite the company in the butt since this agreement will create a revolving door in the FO ranks.

You have got to be kidding, right? You are trying to compare year one pay in 2007 to year eight pay in 2015 and attempting to sell it as a 24.4% increase? What a bunch of crap. For a comparison to have any meaning, you have to compare the same longevity in both and even more meaningful is the purchasing power of that money. FYI, $56,875 in 2007 is equal to $65,269 in 2015, so Survey Pilot is right, so compared to $62,653 that's about a 4% decrease in purchasing power.

Even if you did try to compare year one in 2007 to year eight in 2015, a more meaningful comparison would be comparing purchasing power based on CPI, so $56,875 should now be $65,269 in 2015 and a bump to $70,781 is only an 8.44% increase in purchasing power. When you consider the time frame again, that is just over 1%/year, so still doesn't keep up with inflation. http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

If this gets ratified, Survey Pilot is also correct that your training department should install a revolving door.

Last edited:
No need to do the work. It's already been posted. Comparing same YOS, the junior pilots got hosed. Everyone knows this despite your realization that as you move up the pay scale, you are getting a bigger raise each year than someone who is at the top of the pay scale.

As everyone points out we are comparing everything on the 7&7, you have the ability to bid other schedules that pay more. If you are admit about staying on schedule and complaining of suffering I can't help. Having many friends that got furloughed, they did what they had to do to make ends meet. It was very rough for them. If you are a new hire and don't like the TA then vote no, everyone has a vote. Is this TA perfect, no. If some how you have more inside information than our NC, then you should have stepped up and set them straight.

As everyone points out we are comparing everything on the 7&7, you have the ability to bid other schedules that pay more. If you are admit about staying on schedule and complaining of suffering I can't help. Having many friends that got furloughed, they did what they had to do to make ends meet. It was very rough for them. If you are a new hire and don't like the TA then vote no, everyone has a vote. Is this TA perfect, no. If some how you have more inside information than our NC, then you should have stepped up and set them straight.

Oh sure, I can just work more. That worked right up until October when I couldn't hold the 18 day schedule and was forced to the 7/7. I will do what I have to do to make ends meet. I had high hopes that NJ would be a career position. That obviously will not be the case. If I have to get a second job to make ends meet, this is not a career job.

Trust me. I will be exercising my right to vote NO!

What fleet did you get bumped off? Correct me if I am wrong, but with the new scheduling options there is no limit, you can only be displaced from the 7&7 to the 52 day, but getting the higher of the two pays.

But isn't that your daily comparison ? That regardless of status the pay sucks ? A raise was given , and at a almost 20% home . Most people would LOVE that kind of raise , AND you got a signing bonus . If a revolving door is created with th FO's , then that will induce a market controlled need to offer yet another raise to create an incentive to stay . The market place is an awesome tool when used correctly . If the current pay won't keep pilots at Net Jets , they'll have no choice but to offer the incentive . Still can't see why there is still complaining ..... True some of the hotels aren't the BEST , but they're far from the worst . That's gonna change too . And by the way , we stayed at some pretty great hotels , had almost free reign on food , before someone messed it up by going overboard on dinner and drinks ... And then ....

Latest resources

Back