• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sitting at the hotel waiting for a phone call is not rest. You are either on duty or off duty. If I am off duty I can not be required to answer the phone. By your example a pilot could be waiting in a hotel at 0800. At 1500 he/she gets a phone call for an ASAP trip. It takes you 1 hour to get airborn (really 1.5) Ferry TEB-PWM (1.5 hour block), show 1 hour before a pax flight PWM-LAX ( 6.5 hours block) and 30 minutes to shut the airplane down and go to the hotel. By my math that is 17.5 hours of duty. Do you think that is safe?

This is a bit of a side topic of the thread, but I can't stop myself:

I agree with you. But, if you follow that train down the track you end up with the company just saying "screw it. You're on duty and go to the airport!"

I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND MY CAREER SITTING AT AIRPORTS!!!!

I would much rather answer the phone while on "rest". At my company they can only call you once during the 10 hour required rest. After that they can call all they want and I answer. This has NEVER been a problem. 99% of the time I get my trips the night before. If on the one off time something happened in the wee hours and I get a call moving up the show time and I get a call then oh well.

I would vastly prefer that to endless days sitting in an FBO with nothing on the horizon for the sole reason of the company forcing me to answer my phone since I'm on duty. No sir, leave me in the hotel and I'll be a man and answer the phone.

The whole "don't interrupt my duty" thing is more suited for the airlines where they have a defined schedule for the whole month. Here our lives change from day to day. I do not want a job where I work 12 hours, go to the hotel for 10 hours and report right back while they think of what to do with me. That's what you get from playing the "rest" game. There's no way to win that battle.

Enjoy your airport rot while I relax in the hotel.

Last tour I spent 3 days at the Hyatt in CMH on duty at the hotel. I had a set number of hours that I had to answer the phone. That is how it is done at NetJets. If they need you at the airport they send you to the airport. If they don't need you at the airport they leave you at the hotel or better yet they send you home a day early.

I will continue to play the rest game. It is what our clients pay for, a safe and well rested crew. We don't fly tired and we don't work for more than 14 hours a day. Read that as we will not be required to answer a phone during a rest period.

I am hearing rumors trickle out of Netjets that furloughs are just around the corner. Is there any truth to this or is this just rumor based on what happened at FLOPs recently? I do not work for NJA so all of this is hearsay.

Keep Dream'n D#ck head. Stop Hate'n because you got turned down.

Hi!

1 guy I know there says the numbers of new customers is constant, but flying hours are down, so they are actually making MORE money as they have the same revenue with less expenses.

With this scenario, they could be losing $ in the Marquis Card area, however.

cliff
YIP

I don't know who his "higher up" contacts are. He mentioned it was someone who is a liason between the pilots and upper management. I don't know enough about NJA to even begin to speculate who his contacts are.

I took what he said with a grain of salt because furloughs at NJA don't sound very likely at this point. That is why I posted what I heard on FI in the hopes that someone could validate or squash the rumor I heard. Again, I don't know who his contact is other than a liason between upper management and the pilots.

I'm sorry I brought up the subject. As always, I wish every pilot the best of luck in these trying times.

Dude, you don't start a thread like this unless you want to stir the pot. That's what flightinfo is all about though.

I don't know who his "higher up" contacts are. He mentioned it was someone who is a liason between the pilots and upper management. I don't know enough about NJA to even begin to speculate who his contacts are.

I took what he said with a grain of salt because furloughs at NJA don't sound very likely at this point. That is why I posted what I heard on FI in the hopes that someone could validate or squash the rumor I heard. Again, I don't know who his contact is other than a liason between upper management and the pilots.

I'm sorry I brought up the subject. As always, I wish every pilot the best of luck in these trying times.
Is this the same contact who told you there was going to be a Decemeber Indoc class a few weeks ago? Now he or she is telling you they are going to furlough. Your contact's running record is not that good. Putting it up on FI hoping a "credible" source would squash it is bs. Who is credible on FI? Tell your source to make you so more bagel bites and refill your juice cup.

Is this the same contact who told you there was going to be a Decemeber Indoc class a few weeks ago? Now he or she is telling you they are going to furlough. Your contact's running record is not that good. Putting it up on FI hoping a "credible" source would squash it is bs. Who is credible on FI? Tell your source to make you so more bagel bites and refill your juice cup.

No, it is not the same source. And you're right about no one on FI being credible. Lesson learned. I won't be posting anything about NJA rumors again. I thought an honest question might generate some honest answers and opinions. I was wrong in my thinking. Big surprise! It was stupid of me to think the kids playing on FI could grow up enough and act like adults when responding to my honest inquiry about NJA and whether they are struggling.

does it look like they're struggling?.......you can answer your own question.

But at first impression your thread was just asking for trouble.

I don't know who his "higher up" contacts are. He mentioned it was someone who is a liason between the pilots and upper management.
The liaison between the pilots and management is the union Executive Board. I'm pretty sure they haven't been starting any furlough rumors.

Latest resources

Back