Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bmxandjets

poolside
just curious, how easy is it for a guy to switch crew bases from the 100 available? is there no restricitions? thanks.

just curious, how easy is it for a guy to switch crew bases from the 100 available? is there no restricitions? thanks.

You can change about once every 30 days at your discretion. And you can only have one Crew Base change pending at any given time.

What he said. ;)

No more bidding into bases, waiting for openings, or having to swap with somebody in the same fleet/seat as you. You simply notify the company at least 30 days ahead of the change what base you want to use. Simple as that.

How nice it is to read these posts!! :D Think back to answers that were given during the Domicile Debacle. (Term coined by GG) :(

My hats off to all those who were involved in IBB and my congratulations to the Union and the Company on the excellent progress made to date!

sorry to sound niave, i'm sure it's in these threads somewhere, but on the 18 day schedule, how are those 18 days usually split up? thanks in advance-

It depends on the preferences that you list, and those are awarded based on seniority. For the record, my husband kept his wish list short (better odds that way) and got what he wanted. The schedule is new so it make take awhile for reliable trends to be established.

i'm not sure what you mean by wish list? wish list for his type of schedule? do you bid a new schedule each month? what would a typical 18 day schedule might look like? thanks for the help!

i'm not sure what you mean by wish list? wish list for his type of schedule? do you bid a new schedule each month?

On the 18-day schedule, yes, you bid each month for the schedule. You can request one or two blocks of days off you'd like, note whether you'd prefer shorter (<7 days) or longer tours at a time, whether you want your days off balanced or unbalanced (so you'd get a long block and several shorter blocks off), and which of the above preferences is most important if they can't do all of them.

By the 15th of this month the NJ pilots will know their schedule for March. Considering the process, I don't know if you can say there is a typical schedule, but if any of the pilots are likely to see one I'd think it would be the most junior on the schedule. If the company tries to keep airline costs to a minimum 3 tours of 6 days each would take care of that. This is the first month for the 18 day schedule to be used so I think we'll all have to wait and see if any typical patterns emerge.
Stay tuned....:)
NJW

Latest resources

Back