NJA -- hiring suspended

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
updated

OK -- here is the the latest that I was told by a guy that does some interviewing at NJA - 10 per month right now. It could change, but who knows... They have my application and I am waiting... Has anyone else heard anything?

Hiring may have slowed but it has not stopped. I interviewed in Jan. and started almost immmediately. I know there has been another class to start in Feb. There is a class starting mid- March. A friend just interviewed last week and will be starting in April.

Things have slowed but not stopped.

Did you start on the G200 at NJA?

CRJ700FO,

Congrats on Netjets! Did you start on the G200 (I noticed from your background) or do you have experience in the aircraft? Are the few newhires out there now flowing into the G200 or into the traditional Ultra and Excel?

Personally, I'd love to fly the G200 - pretty funky looking if you ask me...

I was Columbus a few weeks ago for some training over at Easton and one of the rooms was laid out with a whole row of name plates(6 or 7) for new F/O's hired right into the G200.
CRJ700 FO welcome aboard--I'll bet your name was one of them.
The PM for the G200 fleet is excellent-he was the PM for the Hawker fleet and moved over.

Everyone don't give up hope--this screwy industry is going to turn around-we all hope!

Fly Safe
Chuck

CRJ700,

Slightly off the main topic, but what are your impressions of the Galaxy - how does it compare to the CRJ-700 in terms of flight deck, handling, etc.? I know that the program is quite new, but have the Galaxys had a good mix of destinations yet - any Hawaii or Europe?

And how do you like the fractional schedule vs. your previous airline schedule? Are you 7 on 7 off?

Thanks - I don't know why but I really like the look of the Galaxy...

Heavy Set,

I can't really tell you. The only training that I have done so far is through Flightsafety. I haven't even been through basic indoc in Columbus yet. They sent me to get a type rating in Dallas and now I'm waiting to go to Columbus.
To compare the two is hard. The CRJ had a lot of problems. With the EICAS and the all the fuel problems. The whole fleet was essentially reduced to flying short flights or fuel stops on medium flights for the company I just left. The G200 seems really well engineered. Although some of the controls in the cockpit seemed to be plaed sporadically. The CRJ had a nicer cockpit layout. I'll let you know after I had a chance to fly the real thing.
For everyone who said welcome, thank you, I'm glad to be back. (worked there years ago as a Flight Coordinator.)

Last I heard was 120-200 New Hires for the year. Deferring some aircraft deliveries and still spooling up the G-200 program.

Netjets hiring

Just came from Columbus for my recurrent sim traing and there was a class of 20 new hires just started last week.
Training staff says still on track to hire 200 for the remaining of this year.

EJM pilots receive preferential interviewing and hiring, according to recruiting.

Latest resources

Back