NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any numbers, have plan for recruiting here at JUS

No numbers yet.... the phrase used in the announcement stated that the recall will be "limited in scope."

The announcement also mentioned that the recall was driven by the "recent increase in attrition."

FWIW....

I think the point is, and one with which I agree, is that management pay has no bearing on the fairness of pilot pay. And that the total of upper management compensation is inconsequential in the overall scheme of things.

There is no "fairness or unfairness of pilot-pay". Pilot pay is strictly a function of how well the union negotiated with management. You get what you negotiate...

No numbers yet.... the phrase used in the announcement stated that the recall will be "limited in scope."

The announcement also mentioned that the recall was driven by the "recent increase in attrition."

FWIW....

I haven't spoken with a lot of NJ crews and certainly not a representative sample, but all the ones that I've spoken with who are 50 or under are applying to every major there is and can't wait to get the hell out.

I'd gladly take a recall over what I'm doing now. Jet current and able to check the 200 hours in 12 months box. I'd at least have more options after a year back at NJA then I do now.

I hope things improve at the company I loved but if they don't I'll use her like a $2 whore and do what's best for me. Sokol and Hansel damn sure did.

I haven't spoken with a lot of NJ crews and certainly not a representative sample, but all the ones that I've spoken with who are 50 or under are applying to every major there is and can't wait to get the hell out.

I'd gladly take a recall over what I'm doing now. Jet current and able to check the 200 hours in 12 months box. I'd at least have more options after a year back at NJA then I do now.

I hope things improve at the company I loved but if they don't I'll use her like a $2 whore and do what's best for me. Sokol and Hansel damn sure did.

Exactamundo.

The more active pilots that leave for something better, the more furloughed folks that have found something better, the more furloughed folks that come back, get current, and blow the pop stand, the more leverage the pilot group gains.

No guarantee that Jordy will EVER "get it," but a couple million in retraining folks who almost immediately leave MIGHT just get the Oracle's attention.

Time to revive an old thread.....

If what they told us in recurrent this week holds up, (demand continues on it's current trajectory) it looks like the remaining pilots on the furlough list should be receiving a recall notice before the year is out!

Great news for some, bad timing for others! I'm personally struggling with the decision to come back or cut ties all together. About 140 from the bottom. Expecting a letter in the mail before the year is out for sure. Been working a pretty sweet Part 91 CE-680 gig for the past 5 years. Based on some of the negatives I've heard about the current EMT I'm very skeptical about a going back. Definitely deferring as long as I can. Anybody else feel that way?

Last edited:
I think the word "demand" is misleading... Demand for pilots might be up, due to pilots leaving the ship as fast as possible...

You won't find a single pilot with a kind word for the EMT here. The EMT is hell bent on a concessionary contract, and stretching out negotiations for years.

In other words, you're coming back to a company that is experiencing war on all fronts, with scheduling that is horrible. You'll be fatigued at least one day every seven you're on the road. All responsibility to monitor your rest will be on your shoulders. Planes are moving as fast as they can airline second and third crews to them.

That said, it's still the best "fractional" to work for. Which honestly, I don't think is saying much.

The Fractionals had their 2-3 years in the spotlight.... The only time Netjets was the place to be was after the '07 IBB until about mid 2009....

Latest resources

Back