Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the subject of flyovers, here's a nice one:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...af.flyover.cnn

Makes me remember why I wanted to get into aviation in the first place, listening to the stories of the "great" ones. On a side note, on the 60 anniversary for the D-Day invasion one of the C-17 units brought along two C-47 pilots and a crew chief for the celebration, after the drops they finally cleared the flight for a low pass over St. Mere - talking to the pilot on board I told him we were cleared down to 700 feet, his response - 700 feet's not low, when the props are hitting the wave tops of the channel thats low. I'll remember that quote as long as I live.

And its a wonder why they can't operate in the MOA's professionally?

. . . . troll . . . . .

coho92 said:
. . . 700 feet's not low, when the props are hitting the wave tops of the channel thats low. I'll remember that quote as long as I live . . .

Those old guys f****n' ROCK!!

What an honor it is to be allowed in and given a glimpse of their world. Having had similar experiences, coho, I know how special that was. Money can't buy it and time can't take it away!!

I had the honor of meeting the surviving members of Doolittle's Raid last year. One of them, at 95, still stands tall, has a crushing grip, and a very steely-eyed stare. I have no doubt he could saddle up and do it again. A real fighting man.

And its a wonder why they can't operate in the MOA's professionally?

Hmmmm

Do we REALLY want to get into all the red-nose clown-shoe-wearing antics of GA pilots?

Of course, your response to me listing their innumerable acts of buffoonery would be "don't paint us all with the same brush."

This guy likely won't fly an F-16 again. I can't say the same for all the Bonanza flying idiot/doctors out there.

I don't know who did this one, but many thanks to the Osprey crew who was flying in the vicinity of DCA on 10 April.

I was on the ramp when they, in order, flew south over the Potomac, then turned around and overflew the Rwy 4 centerline. Having never seen the Osprey in flight, my crew and I enjoyed it!

Is the Marine Corps the only branch flying the Osprey, or does the Army have any now?

Grandpa flew 'em low

My Grandfather flew P-38's during WWII. I once asked him how he could tell how close he was to the water. He said that when they would fly down low enough to see the props ripple the water, they were low enough.

The USAF is also going to fly the Osprey, about 20 or so in Spec Ops. But I hear that's a secret.

I don't know who did this one, but many thanks to the Osprey crew who was flying in the vicinity of DCA on 10 April.

I was on the ramp when they, in order, flew south over the Potomac, then turned around and overflew the Rwy 4 centerline. Having never seen the Osprey in flight, my crew and I enjoyed it!

Is the Marine Corps the only branch flying the Osprey, or does the Army have any now?

Any your response has what to do with this post? Those clouds are really pretty!

The VANG should be banned from all BoSox flyovers indefinitely. All future flyovers should be performed by Marine Reserve Hornets followed by epic VIP passes.... oops, my inner dialogue escapes, S.H. Green Mountain Flyover!, Go Sox, Yankees Suck!

Do we REALLY want to get into all the red-nose clown-shoe-wearing antics of GA pilots?

Of course, your response to me listing their innumerable acts of buffoonery would be "don't paint us all with the same brush."

This guy likely won't fly an F-16 again. I can't say the same for all the Bonanza flying idiot/doctors out there.

really? you think that dude will get f.e.b.'d for that?

Latest resources

Back