• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, MESA will be merged with ASA. Brad will straiten that operation out the way he did ASA. Maybe some day we will all be joined together, but I think that day is far away and it will probably be presented to the ASA group as decertify ALPA and join SkyWest or remain separate. Various carrots and sticks, yadda, yadda, yadda.
MESA SUX! bouyyyyyyyyyyyy...

I think that SGU was apprehensive of you guys at first, but later realized that it was just another contract they had to deal with to do business. Too bad most of our pilots cannot figure this out.
And look how easily and quickly they got PBS on board. They no longer fear a union, and in fact most likely would welcome one, for they would no longer have to make the effort to be nice any longer and develop things like the enhanced RAVE program or pay for Directors of Internal Culture.
PBR

And look how easily and quickly they got PBS on board.

It wasn't exactly a fast process. There was about a year of developing the system, working with vendors, and negotiations between the union and the company. And it's not like the company forced it through either -- a package deal was agreed to and the pilots had their vote.

It wasn't exactly a fast process. There was about a year of developing the system, working with vendors, and negotiations between the union and the company. And it's not like the company forced it through either -- a package deal was agreed to and the pilots had their vote.
And they still got PBS, heck they spent that much time shopping for our version, the cheapest and least transparent version. All in all, equivalent to a couple of weekends worth of house boating costs!
PBR

And look how easily and quickly they got PBS on board. They no longer fear a union, and in fact most likely would welcome one, for they

Yea and you guys would no longer have to fake your mothers death to get out of a tight spot with your schedulers if you got one too.

To further the Vietnam rumor mill, I got wind of some information today.................

Looking for 40 pilots to go to Vietnam to fly 4 CRJ 900's. Airframes are coming from India. Also, Captain L.S. from our safety department will be the company "President" over there. Contract for 18 months, and interviewing for the positions will start soon. Flying will commence in October. The priority will be for ASA line pilots, ASA furloughs, SkyWest pilots, and any open vacancies will be off the street.

To further the Vietnam rumor mill, I got wind of some information today.................

Looking for 40 pilots to go to Vietnam to fly 4 CRJ 900's. Airframes are coming from India. Also, Captain L.S. from our safety department will be the company "President" over there. Contract for 18 months, and interviewing for the positions will start soon. Flying will commence in October. The priority will be for ASA line pilots, ASA furloughs, SkyWest pilots, and any open vacancies will be off the street.

Funny how that one will play out. Few if any of our furloughees will qualify.

We're so "properly staffed" they're not allowing any more LOAs, unless you're gonna be on TV, so the only way to make this happen is to do a recall, causing a very expensive 18 month pilot shuffle of upgrades and equipment transitions.

So unless the VC are willing to reimburse us for those costs, I bet most of the pilots will come from the non-furloughed and still a little pilot fat Skywest side.

Funny how that one will play out. Few if any of our furloughees will qualify.

We're so "properly staffed" they're not allowing any more LOAs, unless you're gonna be on TV, so the only way to make this happen is to do a recall, causing a very expensive 18 month pilot shuffle of upgrades and equipment transitions.

So unless the VC are willing to reimburse us for those costs, I bet most of the pilots will come from the non-furloughed and still a little pilot fat Skywest side.

Incorrect. We will offer it to ASA line pilots first, and on down the line. We will recall a corresponding number of furloughed pilots depending on how many line pilots accept.

I put the over/under at 10 pilots that will choose to go.

Latest resources

Back