• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New letter from Airtran's Joe Leonard regarding Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
somehow in the back of my mind i am picturing an advertisement with the tagline, "two great airlines, one great future."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YayAONi07s0

yes the letter is very rosy, but leonard is an ex-amr executive. is he planning a caarty for MKE? we will find out, it's above my pay grade (and a very low one at that).

You guys believe everything joe says. Man, he must have a lucky group of employees.The ME mec would probably support a merger if there is a date of hire integration, with hardly 400 guys it would not have a big impact, vs having 2000 integrate.. Maybe T.H. gave the MEC some inside look what plans they have with Midwest, that will hardly share with the competition.

Ask for DOH from SkyWest when they buy you.

Sir I asked why not stay neutral? From what Midwest presented to the Security and Exchange, their business plan is based off growing with 50-seat RJs. They will ad 2, again (TWO) MD-80s. AirTran proposes over 50 new 737-700 aircraft that are under FIRM ORDER! I don't know what Midwest promised your MEC, staying neutral makes a big statement to the Midwest management and works to the pilots advantage either way. So your negotiations are coming up soon, do you think because you threw a bone at your management they are going to give you the sky in negotiations? You may have had more bargaining power with your management had you just stayed neutral. (MAKE THEM GIVE YOU SOMETHING FIRST FOR THAT SUPPORT) Either way does not matter to me. Good luck to us all!
Read my statement again, second sentence. I don't understand why a line pilot for FL would care what the MEH MEC thinks. The MEC's opinion is in response to what they know of each companies business plans. I'm sure ALpa's past dealings with Joe, Kolski and the Lorenzo disciples on the board sure doesn't give them a warm fuzzy.

It's not in any way shape or form a statment about either pilot group.

How do you know that our management hasn't given us anything for our support?

Ask for DOH from SkyWest when they buy you.

get over it. they are fighting a growing major carrier from buying them. they would fight tooth and nail over a regional carrier from buying them. i am sure skywest management wants another ALPA carrier under its belt to further pressure its bread and butter to adopt ALPA.

perhaps the $1.8 billion in debt skywest has should concern you.

Last edited:
somehow in the back of my mind i am picturing an advertisement with the tagline, "two great airlines, one great future."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YayAONi07s0

yes the letter is very rosy, but leonard is an ex-amr executive. is he planning a caarty for MKE? we will find out, it's above my pay grade (and a very low one at that).

Very good point, since Joe Leonard worked at AMR over twenty years ago he must think like Carty, Crandall or maybe C.R. Smith.

get over it. they are fighting a growing major carrier from buying them. they would fight tooth and nail over a regional carrier from buying them. i am sure skywest management wants another ALPA carrier under its belt to further pressure its bread and butter to adopt ALPA.

perhaps the $1.8 billion in debt skywest has should concern you.

I would be concerned if I was a Midwest pilot and watched the future growth promised by my management go to Skywest.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070410/aqtu089.html?.v=4

Last edited:
Read my statement again, second sentence. I don't understand why a line pilot for FL would care what the MEH MEC thinks. The MEC's opinion is in response to what they know of each companies business plans. I'm sure ALpa's past dealings with Joe, Kolski and the Lorenzo disciples on the board sure doesn't give them a warm fuzzy.

It's not in any way shape or form a statment about either pilot group.

How do you know that our management hasn't given us anything for our support?
OK......It was the Midwest MEC that first said they were neutral and then changed their minds. What changed?
Next, compare the two business plans both filed with the Security and Exchange. If there is some secret game plan they have shared with the Midwest MEC, they may have a bigger problem with the SEC and the shareholders. By the way that last statement you made about your management giving you something, just read their business plan....IT SPEAKS VERY LOUDLY WHAT THEY HAVE PLANNED! Based off the facts that your management has filed with the SEC, management has given your flying and growth opportunities to Skywest! (OH...FOR YOUR SUPPORT)

Last edited:
OK......It was the Midwest MEC that first said they were neutral and then changed their minds. What changed?
Next, compare the two business plans both filed with the Security and Exchange. If there is some secret game plan they have shared with the Midwest MEC, they may have a bigger problem with the SEC and the shareholders. By the way that last statement you made about your management giving you something, just read their business plan....IT SPEAKS VERY LOUDLY WHAT THEY HAVE PLANNED! Based off the facts that your management has filed with the SEC, management has given your flying and growth opportunities to Skywest! (OH...FOR YOUR SUPPORT)

Ever heard of letters of confidentiality? All the members of the MEC and even the office secretary had to sign the letters. So there is no SEC or shareholder problems.

i am sure they are just as concerned as delta's and united's pilots are about skywest.

Not a good comparison between DAL/UAL and Midwest (or Frontier) in terms of regional jet flying block hours. Like comparing an ant hill to the Sears Tower. Midwest has a much higher percentage compared to DAL/UAL of subsidiary flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back