• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, we've seen this game before from you, several times. You talk tough for weeks, then vote in favor and defend it vociferously. But it's okay, I still think you're entertaining. ;)

I'm not sure what I "deserve", but I know what I can live, what I cannot, and what I'd rather not live with. Money comes and goes, I can pay my bills just fine - if I play my cards right I'll be riding this horse for a long long time. There's a lot more on the table here than just cashish.

IMO, the Company has bared their soul; they need relief in the training pipeline, they fumbled sick policy in 2012, and the pilot group is the stalking horse for company-wide profit sharing modifications. There's a deal to be had, but for me it's not this one.

General, we've seen this game before from you, several times. You talk tough for weeks, then vote in favor and defend it vociferously. But it's okay, I still think you're entertaining. ;)

Everyone has their limits. You and your ALPA cohorts are too confident, and the crowd in usually "ace in the hole" ATL showed they weren't too happy today. That's in a base that usually always votes yes for a TA. This will be interesting, and the video made me laugh. You should watch it. Just wait until NYC and DTW roadshows. That has to be taped! Talk about entertainment.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, Detroit will be...interesting. :) I'm betting it passes. If not, you'll probably be without a new TA for several years. Your choice.

I'm not sure what I "deserve", but I know what I can live, what I cannot, and what I'd rather not live with. Money comes and goes, I can pay my bills just fine - if I play my cards right I'll be riding this horse for a long long time. There's a lot more on the table here than just cashish.

IMO, the Company has bared their soul; they need relief in the training pipeline, they fumbled sick policy in 2012, and the pilot group is the stalking horse for company-wide profit sharing modifications. There's a deal to be had, but for me it's not this one.

Well stated. (Bill just shed a tear)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, Detroit will be...interesting. :) I'm betting it passes. If not, you'll probably be without a new TA for several years. Your choice.

With big profit sharing checks and great work rules? Ok, that's good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

25% pay raises over the term of the agreement (highest compensation ever in the history of the profession)

Reduced total RJs

Increase to the DC plan (something you don't even have)

Per diem increase

Vacation pay increase

Recurrent pay increase

New 100-seat airplane coming, and with great pay rates

Depending on the market, JV may or may not be an improvement

A few small scheduling improvements

Etc.

Now, to be fair, there are legit negatives, too. The change to LCA trips is bad. Real bad. The sick policy sucks. Not as bad as the APC morons are pretending, but still not good. And JV could be a slight negative if gauge is increasing without increasing frequency. But do these things make it a concessionary TA overall? Of course not. That's absurd.

Your pay rate increases are way off. With the Profit Sharing give back included, the raises are 8%, .25%, 1%, and 1%. Then throw in the five cent per diem increase, plus the big changes in sick leave and joint venture changes, and it's not good at all. You are giving ALPA spin, and it's wrong. Shame on you and Bill.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, you are carrying DPA water and spreading their fuzzy math bullsh!t. You should know better.

No, you are carrying DPA water and spreading their fuzzy math bullsh!t. You should know better.

You can't defend the TA, it speaks for itself. Good try though. Is ALPA paying you while you're unemployed? Or, do you now work for National? Ah, it makes sense. Do you work for the Moak Group? You probably aspire to.

Bye Bye---General Lee

DPA being brought up by any ALPA guy is a straw man. They need to be outraged at someone, and the DPA boogeyman is pretty convenient. Not buying any of that.

Latest resources

Back