New base for American Eagle ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BGSM

I was talking to the local DPE about jobs etc. he said something about American Eagle opening a new base in TLH. Anyone know anything or is this just a a rumor.
Thanks

RDU has been becoming a "base" for a long time at eagle.

TLH just started getting jet service from MIA.

All jet flying in MIA are carrythroughs originally from ORD and DFW. We usually have to sit 4.55 because at 5 hours they have to contractually buy you a hotel room. To alleviate that they are starting some JAX and TLH turns.

No base, just jet turns to MIA.

Last edited:
upgrades still about 7yrs. I think TLH just started receiving jet service, which might be where the confusion is. If any new bases were to open I would guess RDU, but not until all that terminal construction is done which is supposed to be after 2010.

Even if they sell them, who's going to support AMR's mainline feed? Eagle, as a subsidiary or contractor, is still a vital part to their game plan. AMR always wanted the flying done in house, the only reason for trans states and chautauqua flying out of st louis is because of TWA. Even if AMR put some flying up for bid, they're not going to get rid of all their flying overnight. It takes years for a change like that.

Latest resources

Back