• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was forced to join the union. I was forced to pay it money. I don't have to agree with everything it does. The relationship I have with the company is not a fight, it is a mutually agreeable relationship. If they don't like my work, they should be able to fire me. if I don't like the way they treat me, I can fire them, which I am working on doing. Forcing NJA to behave in a way I want is not what I want to do. If they become a bad employer, I will do something else. I, above all, would NEVER coerce anyone else to agree with me, for the "common good." Nor would I coerce my employer. The employer/employee relationship should be a voluntary one, based on a mutually satisfactory exchange of value. All this anger and warfare and coercion of company and fellow union members is ugly and unpleasant and irrational. Reminds me of the way Eastern employees were at war with their own employer, while we Delta people watched in amazement and amusement for many years. Eventually they put their employer out of business. As for you guys coercing fellow union members, here is the skinny: if you have to coerce us, your goals and methods must be unreasonable. The "embarass Warren" campaign is childish and disingenuous. I want no part of it. The most radical union people are the ones who post on boards like this, which I have to keep reminding myself (and my wife). The shock with which y'all greet the rare member who has other opinions is pretty funny, cosidering there are a lot of people like me. By the way, if you strike and I join you, I will NEVER mistreat in ANY WAY the people who scab. I would never coerce anybody for any reason, but you would do so, joyfully and with malice.

Again I ask you to regale us with your experience so that you can show is the light. I know we would love to hear how your experience. Maybe you could post on our own union board if you think this one is radical ha!!

You explain that the employee employer should be beneficial but the company wants us to give all and take concessions. Are they being beneficial to their employees?

I'm glad you won't mistreat any scab when they have put their own needs ahead of yours. Of course you want to scab so obviously you don't want anyone to mistreat you after. That makes sense. Lol.

I hate to tell you you're in the union now and until you decide to be a fees payer all you're showing is that you want your cake and eat it too.

When will you have enough to join the fight? Until that happens your fence sitting isn't helping us.

As always we are looking forward to you answering our questions which you'll never do. Maybe your wife will answer them for you lol.

Good question. The firings were a rational and probably necessary reaction to the crash of Lehman Brothers and the recession. The 495 had to be furloughed due to the economic contraction causing the company's contraction. To desire stability in severely recessionary times is irrational and silly. I am not pro management, in fact I think they need to be replaced. As for the threatening emails, I think they were not a smart thing to do, and were pretty funny, threatening to downsize because we want a fair deal. My disagreements with the union position are Highly Insulting? You believe is is perfectly fine to intimidate people, and you think I am insulting? Shame on you. As for being out of touch, it is you guys who are out of touch by being absolutely amazed to hear about a pilot who disagrees with the union. There are a lot of us, which you would know if you weren't so immersed in your own rabid union culture.

I don't agree with the majority of my elected government officials and how they spend my tax money; i.e., county, city, township, state and federal. What California does, is not representative of the over all value of the union itself.

You like to point out the supposed thug nature of pilot unions. Sokol threatened 300 more furloughs if he didn't get concessions on outsourcing. Sokol swore up and down it was essential to the survival of the company, and gave the union one week. And just before that deadline he's nabbed for front running stock (Stealing), a minute later he's on cnbc begging for forgiveness. That's a thug.

Or, how about this; another NJ management thug. The Twinkie kid (NJ Management), creeping on a secure private, members only board. Making him self privy to inside union info to discredit and damage the union. And what was the response by management via the injunction hearing? Basically do as I say, not as we do. Ethics is a one-way street at NJ. Can you give an example of this pilot union using similar illegal, unethical thug like tactics?

It will be interesting to see how the little general spins this one.

Last edited:
G4,

In light of you're strategy...what are you going to do when you run out of employers to run away to? You can't run forever, sometimes you just have to fight.

He doesn't have to run away I'm offering a free vacation to Omaha and I'll even throw in another ticket for his wife to join him and see what pride and fellow brothers and sisters will do to ensure a contract.

I was forced to join the union. I was forced to pay it money.

No, you weren't.

You chose to come work for a union shop. You went to a non-union alter-ego which was later integrated (by the very management that told you it would never happen), but that doesn't change the fact that NetJets was a union shop long before the first Gulfstream showed up on property.

I was forced to join the union. I was forced to pay it money. I don't have to agree with everything it does. The relationship I have with the company is not a fight, it is a mutually agreeable relationship. If they don't like my work, they should be able to fire me. if I don't like the way they treat me, I can fire them, which I am working on doing. Forcing NJA to behave in a way I want is not what I want to do. If they become a bad employer, I will do something else. I, above all, would NEVER coerce anyone else to agree with me, for the "common good." Nor would I coerce my employer. The employer/employee relationship should be a voluntary one, based on a mutually satisfactory exchange of value. All this anger and warfare and coercion of company and fellow union members is ugly and unpleasant and irrational. Reminds me of the way Eastern employees were at war with their own employer, while we Delta people watched in amazement and amusement for many years. Eventually they put their employer out of business. As for you guys coercing fellow union members, here is the skinny: if you have to coerce us, your goals and methods must be unreasonable. The "embarass Warren" campaign is childish and disingenuous. I want no part of it. The most radical union people are the ones who post on boards like this, which I have to keep reminding myself (and my wife). The shock with which y'all greet the rare member who has other opinions is pretty funny, cosidering there are a lot of people like me. By the way, if you strike and I join you, I will NEVER mistreat in ANY WAY the people who scab. I would never coerce anybody for any reason, but you would do so, joyfully and with malice.

Have you been following the FlexJet situation?

Just curious what type of job you think NetJets would be without union protection.

If the NJI integration hadn't happened, what type of job would that be now?

Your thoughts on this?

I don't agree with the majority of my elected government officials and how they spend my tax money; i.e., county, city, township, state and federal. What California does, is not representative of the over all value of the union itself.

You like to point out the supposed thug nature of pilot unions. Sokol threatened 300 more furloughs if he didn't get concessions on outsourcing. Sokol swore up and down it was essential to the survival of the company, and gave the union one week. And just before that deadline he's nabbed for front running stock (Stealing), a minute later he's on cnbc begging for forgiveness. That's a thug.

Or, how about this; another NJ management thug. The Twinkie kid (NJ Management), creeping on a secure private, members only board. Making him self privy to inside union info to discredit and damage the union. And what was the response by management via the injunction hearing? Basically do as I say, not as we do. Ethics is a one-way street at NJ. Can you give an example of this pilot union using similar illegal, unethical thug like tactics?

It will be interesting to see how the little general spins this one.

The thug behavior is coercion of fellow members to do what you want.

G4,

In light of you're strategy...what are you going to do when you run out of employers to run away to? You can't run forever, sometimes you just have to fight.

I plan to do something else. Which, given the direction of the company and the behavior of the union lately, I will probably do.

Latest resources

Back