• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, it was really stable for the 200+ workers fired with no notice on 911. It was also very stable for the 495 pilots that were furloughed and had to wonder if the mortgage was going to be paid. It was also very stable for the junior FO's for the two years following the furloughs. You know when management would continually put out threatening emails about the need for another furlough and how we were still 300 pilots fat. G4 you like to spew your pro management anti union drivel in every post you make, but this statement is pure stupidity and highly insulting. It also shows how completely out of touch you are with the other pilots in your company and what they have been going through.

Still drinking and posting, I see.

I don't support what is being done in Omaha. except with my union dues.

It's not a Buffett.

You can't pick and choose what you decide to support. You elected the leadership you support them.

I'm more than willing to sponsor you to go out to Omaha hotel room and flight. That way you don't have to worry about it costing you anything. You might also learn a lot and meet some really good people.

Stability and job security in the same sentence as a flying job, well that is an oxymoron.

It's not a Buffett.

You can't pick and choose what you decide to support. You elected the leadership you support them.

I'm more than willing to sponsor you to go out to Omaha hotel room and flight. That way you don't have to worry about it costing you anything. You might also learn a lot and meet some really good people.

I was forced to join the union. I was forced to pay it money. I don't have to agree with everything it does. The relationship I have with the company is not a fight, it is a mutually agreeable relationship. If they don't like my work, they should be able to fire me. if I don't like the way they treat me, I can fire them, which I am working on doing. Forcing NJA to behave in a way I want is not what I want to do. If they become a bad employer, I will do something else. I, above all, would NEVER coerce anyone else to agree with me, for the "common good." Nor would I coerce my employer. The employer/employee relationship should be a voluntary one, based on a mutually satisfactory exchange of value. All this anger and warfare and coercion of company and fellow union members is ugly and unpleasant and irrational. Reminds me of the way Eastern employees were at war with their own employer, while we Delta people watched in amazement and amusement for many years. Eventually they put their employer out of business. As for you guys coercing fellow union members, here is the skinny: if you have to coerce us, your goals and methods must be unreasonable. The "embarass Warren" campaign is childish and disingenuous. I want no part of it. The most radical union people are the ones who post on boards like this, which I have to keep reminding myself (and my wife). The shock with which y'all greet the rare member who has other opinions is pretty funny, cosidering there are a lot of people like me. By the way, if you strike and I join you, I will NEVER mistreat in ANY WAY the people who scab. I would never coerce anybody for any reason, but you would do so, joyfully and with malice.

He said something that wasn't true?

Good question. The firings were a rational and probably necessary reaction to the crash of Lehman Brothers and the recession. The 495 had to be furloughed due to the economic contraction causing the company's contraction. To desire stability in severely recessionary times is irrational and silly. I am not pro management, in fact I think they need to be replaced. As for the threatening emails, I think they were not a smart thing to do, and were pretty funny, threatening to downsize because we want a fair deal. My disagreements with the union position are Highly Insulting? You believe is is perfectly fine to intimidate people, and you think I am insulting? Shame on you. As for being out of touch, it is you guys who are out of touch by being absolutely amazed to hear about a pilot who disagrees with the union. There are a lot of us, which you would know if you weren't so immersed in your own rabid union culture.

G4,

How do you propose for NJASAP to create leverage then?

I still have $50,000 I'm willing to give you if you convince me.

Latest resources

Back