• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets temp since the Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of posts on this kind of stuff but I'll go ahead and give a quick overview.

Pay depends on which schedule, reserve or 7 on 7 off. 1st year is $39K or $46.3K. Tack on 10-20% for overtime and holiday pay. Reserve pays more because you work up to 18 days. 7-7 averages, well, half a month so 15 days. Reserves can fly any length trip up to 7 days, and that is the norm although I've heard of a number of pilots getting 4-6 days trips. Mandatory days off after a trip equal 4 days after 7 or 3 days after a shorter trip. Reserves can bid 4 "hard" days" off per month, either in blocks of 2 at least a week apart or in a single block of 4. Certain dates are blacked out but other than those you can usually get what you want.

Some trips you work your ass off, we have no 30 in 7 rules here so you may do 35-40 hours or more in a week. Other trips you may wind up babysitting a broke jet or sitting a lot of standby. We do a lot more sitting around than I saw at the airlines. I've had 7 day trips where I averaged less than 1 leg per day. We fly to thousand's of airports. In 9 months I think I've had one tour where I didn't land at a new airport. I'm on the Ultra which can land on a 3500' runway so we may see a bigger variety than the guys flying the Citation X or Falcons.

I assume you understand the domicile system (PBI, TEB, CMH, DAL, & LAX). If you're not within a day's drive of one of those think twice about coming here because we have no formal jumpseat agreements and no ability to non-rev or do ID90's.

AirBear

If you are thinking about using ID90's to commute to your job at NetJets....forget about it!!!! It ain't gonna happen...the schedule is way too unpredicatable here...Tryied it and it didn't work out.

There's no reason to come to NetJets if you are not within a few hours drive of one of the 5 domiciles that we are currently offering...........This will be the second time they will be making this huge mistake.

If you are not within the reasonable driving distance....CS would be my choice.

Our management is too stupid, or pig-heaed, to realize their mistakes.

Last edited:
DO-82 driver said:
If you are not within the reasonable driving distance....CS would be my choice.

Is there protection for pilots if they close one of their bases and open another? Will they put you on the homebasing system like the guys hired before the new contract? Because that scenario could force one to have to relocate if it were to happen, and I live near one of their domiciles...just waiting for the 2500 hours.

It seems NetJets is the only place one can consider a career company and actually be able to live on FO pay without needing 5000+ hours and 1000+ PIC turbine to get on with.

Latest resources

Back