Netjets temp since the Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider64

Well perhaps it's the season or perhaps it was by design but the days at Netjets are getting very long for crews with legal turns everyday. The 10 hours in 24 rule is being bumped into several times a tour now. I haven't seen this kind of flying since the 2000/2001 season. So if you are planning on coming be prepared to work. No easy days any longer. Oh I almost forgot, don't expect to be home on your last scheduled day. Seems as though they are flying us all day on the last then not getting us home.

Coincidence with the contract being ratified? I think not. I'm pretty damned sure that we left a lot of $ on the table for the next round of talks. Just look at the numbers being hired. Doesn't look like a broken business plan to me.

What kind of $$ do you see as grievance? I read months ago of a NJ guy receiving close $3k in grievance pay in January alone. With that kind of $$ coming in I would think one could add $10k to the starting pay as a new hire?.?.?

Baja.

Legal turns everyday? Not me. I do one 10 hour turn and then at least 12 off the next day as a general rule. Now if they have me on duty at the hotel I would take another 10 off, but not out on the road humping.

The question is not whether or not I will crash or have an incident flying that long on that amount of rest...it is the fact that the chances of that happening go from somewhere around 1 in a million to 1 in 500,000....that is a huge degregation of safety that I don't accept.

A pilot nodding off? Were done. Missing some radio calls? Were done. Forget to program the landing numbers etc? Were done.

But the fact that we are busy is good news. Last week 30+ hours in the week...solid but not crazy. This week haven't done much.

When I look at NJ pay it is presented in an annual amount. Do you all have trip and duty rigs to allow for considerably more pay when you are flying those 9 and 10 hour days?

I am hoping for a chance with NJ in the future, but getting about 600 hours a year makes it a slow go.

I didn't say I was doing legal turns everyday. What I meant is we are "scheduled" for legal turns everyday.

Overtime comes after 12 hours of duty time. So in theory you could get 2 hours everday. about $140 a day in my case.

13 hours of OT on the tour I just finished. 29 hours (flight time) on the first 4 days alone. But I suppose I would rather be flying than rotting around a FBO all day (no wait I did that in HPN this tour too).

You work hard at NetJets, but under the new contract you can make quite a lot in overtime.

Last tour:

Day 1 - early start (06:15) 14 hour day $500
(airline only, which included a first class ticket on a UA 777..nice)
Day 2 - Public Holiday $750
Day 4 - 13 hour day $ 70
Day 6 - 14 hour day $140
Day 7 - 1 Volunter extended day $750
Day 8 - company could not get me home by midnight so ...
1 extended day $750
12 hours of overtime $840

Almost 4 grand in overtime ... nice. Now I'm a 5 year captain and this tour was far from typical, but it does show what O/T can be earned under the new contract. Thanks SU!

Arrived home 10 am day 9.

:cool: Anyone here fly the Falcon 2000? I was wondering as I am scheduled for an April 3 class and I am interested in the QOL. I am comming from the 121 scheduled world...forgive me, please.

From what I have read I am going to enjoy the change. You all seem like a great pilot group.

See you all soon!

Beer me!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back