• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets - Say Hello To Your First Global

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, does that assume that the Gs will stick around for awhile as the Globals are phased in? Won't the Globals be replacing the entire Gulfstream fleet? Or will the fleet ultimately include a mix of Gulfstreams and Globals? Sorry, I guess I am a bit confused.... Thanks for any clarification.

The GIV and GV folks will leave fingernail scratch marks in the carpet as the Gs get phased out, then I guess we will try for the Global because we like the long trips. We won't bid the Global as long as we can fly the "Guffstreams", I suspect. I should have been clearer. :) The Gulfstreams will be phased out over the next 10 years, I think, replaced as they leave by Globals, which probably is a fine plane.

Same article said we were doing well too; we expect an announcement tomorrow night telling us that we're going out of business.

same article interviewed NJA's ex-managment team member and it's Union President who is in very hot water at the moment... Then when part II comes out the first headline is how NJA execs. wouldn't be agree to be interviewed.. Gee I wonder why, they got roasted in Part I.

when it comes to aviation articles like that every thinks they're an expert.. Just look at B.Foley.....He throws out so much crap it comes out of his ears.

If these displacements happen, say 5 years from now, I think there would be a crap storm if any G displacements to the Global went any more junior then any current (at the time) Global pilot.

No company lets baggage linger that long from any merger. At some point in the future G pilots will fly the aircraft that their seniority can hold. By that point there will hopefully have been dozens of Global bids that the G guys could of bid fair and square, and if the pay structure is the same (40k lbs +), that extra $$$ they were making all those years would of been viewed as a gift.

Last edited:
If these displacements happen, say 5 years from now, I think there would be a crap storm if any G displacements to the Global went any more junior then any current (at the time) Global pilot.

No company lets baggage linger that long from any merger. At some point in the future G pilots will fly the aircraft that their seniority can hold. By that point there will hopefully have been dozens of Global bids that the G guys could of bid fair and square, and if the pay structure is the same (40k lbs +), that extra $$$ they were making all those years would of been viewed as a gift.

You could very well be right. A couple of Union guys have told me that NJA will probably want to staff the Globals with displaced "Guffstream" pilots. Other pilots for the Globals would obviously come from non seat locked senior gold tie pilots, and that's as it should be. They are sure going to get some interesting trips!

Let's not get worked over this...

Play it right and there will be plenty of Globals to go around.

From a practical standpoint, it makes sense. Both sides allowed an A-Team culture but the black ties know what they're doing. It's hit or miss on the union side. Some knowledgeable int'l A-Teamers, some chuckleheads.
If the gold ties don't try to agitate the displaced pilots, they may actually pick up a few pointers and we can be one big happy family.

Still better than that "great" BBJ deal.

That is three positive posts in a row. Knock it off guys, remember were are to be locked in a bitter duel to te end. :)

If the gold ties don't try to agitate the displaced pilots, they may actually pick up a few pointers and we can be one big happy family.

Always makes me chuckle. Ran into one of those super G pilots in HPN who said a few years in the right seat would be necessary for those gold ties to learn the trade. The look I got when I told him I was in my early 20's when Uncle Sam gave me a $40 million fighter to tool around Europe and East Asia in the 80's was classic. I still bow in their presence-not. It ain't rocket science.

Always makes me chuckle. Ran into one of those super G pilots in HPN who said a few years in the right seat would be necessary for those gold ties to learn the trade. The look I got when I told him I was in my early 20's when Uncle Sam gave me a $40 million fighter to tool around Europe and East Asia in the 80's was classic. I still bow in their presence-not. It ain't rocket science.

I think its funny you call an F-111 a fighter..... I kid....

Latest resources

Back