• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets - Say Hello To Your First Global

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I remember something about the Globals going to bid just like every other a/c....As far as displacement bids, IF there were to be a displacement out of the Gulfstreams, those pilots can bid whatever is available. Much like what is going to probably occur with pilots in the Beechjet, Hawkers, Ultra's etc... There should be a lot of plane switching in the next couple years.....Plus there are still the Phenoms coming up, and also whatever Mid-Size announcements are made. (My bet is the CL-300 and new Citation TEN)

But as far as I know there is no special bid awards given to Gulfstream pilots for being with the former NJI.

Thanks for that. So, let's say you are a junior GIVSP FO (legacy NJI pilot who joined before the integration and you were not furloughed). Is there a higher likelihood that you will jump to the Global as an FO or will you be bidding whatever you could hold per your seniority (perhaps the XLS or X)? On the other side of the coin, will a current legacy NJA pilot (say a G200 Captain with good seniority) have a chance of bidding the Global in the next few years?

Just curious because the NJA/NJI integration was never really explained clearly. Now that a new aircraft type is being introduced at the higher end, it would be interesting to understand the integration implications for the combined pilots... Again, not trying to stir the pot!

Last edited:
Thanks for that. So, let's say you are a junior GIVSP FO (legacy NJI pilot who joined before the integration and you were not furloughed). Is there a higher likelihood that you will jump to the Global as an FO or will you be bidding whatever you could hold per your seniority (perhaps the XLS or X)? On the other side of the coin, will a current legacy NJA pilot (say a G200 Captain with good seniority) have a chance of bidding the Global in the next few years?

Just curious because the NJA/NJI integration was never really explained clearly. Now that a new aircraft type is being introduced at the higher end, it would be interesting to understand the integration implications for the combined pilots... Again, not trying to stir the pot!

I guess it would depend on whether or not very many Captains bid for Global FO.. (I guess it does happen?)... With only about 500-600 SIC's out of 2500 pilots anything could be possible with a junior SIC (junior is relative based on 500 furloughees, SIC's being here atleast 5-6 years etc. It's hard to call anyone junior anymore:beer:... IMO fractional flying and bidding is a special type of bidding. A Global with a 12 hr duration time is not real appealing to some vs. being on a slower fleet and spending more down time at hotels etc....with 1-2 hr leg lengths. There is more of a difference between fleets here than say at Delta. (with the exception of long haul international stuff vs. an MD88) With no bases and no set schedule and where seniority really doesn't play a whole lot of role in schedule it comes down to a few key items..

1) Amount of work
2) FA vs non FA
3)Value of the type rating. (trust me, after this furlough I have anew found passion for collecting valuable types)
4) APU vs non-APU
5)Reputation of the pilots in each fleet. (some fleets have a few more dingbats than others according to popular opinion!)

I think it'll all come down to how the bid is released. If it's released as a displacement bid, then whoever is getting displaced from their fleet will have first shot. Otherwise, the Global would be treated as any other non-G fleet and go to the entire seniority list for bid.

I think it'll all come down to how the bid is released. If it's released as a displacement bid, then whoever is getting displaced from their fleet will have first shot. Otherwise, the Global would be treated as any other non-G fleet and go to the entire seniority list for bid.

Imacdog has it exactly right, I think. Also, none of the G guys and gals I have talked with intend to try for the Global. They say they don't want to fly with all those senior A pilots. Having too much fun with our old friends in the Gs. My sentiments match theirs. Go figure. :)

Imacdog has it exactly right, I think. Also, none of the G guys and gals I have talked with intend to try for the Global. They say they don't want to fly with all those senior A pilots. Having too much fun with our old friends in the Gs. My sentiments match theirs. Go figure. :)

Finishing my thought, the Global will be available for senior bids unencumbered by competition from non-displaced G pilots, looks like.

So, does that assume that the Gs will stick around for awhile as the Globals are phased in? Won't the Globals be replacing the entire Gulfstream fleet? Or will the fleet ultimately include a mix of Gulfstreams and Globals? Sorry, I guess I am a bit confused.... Thanks for any clarification.

So, does that assume that the Gs will stick around for awhile as the Globals are phased in? Won't the Globals be replacing the entire Gulfstream fleet? Or will the fleet ultimately include a mix of Gulfstreams and Globals? Sorry, I guess I am a bit confused.... Thanks for any clarification.

I think that is a million $ question..... Of course we'd like them all to stay! Not sure if anyone other than the EMT knows the master plan.....

I'm certainly not listening to Luthi's take on it if he has one... According to him, every other fractional is kicking NJA's butt, and then this week it becomes apparent they are not.

There's speculation what the fleet will look like.. (no more Beechjets/800's or Ultra's) add Phenom's... Other than that who the hell knows. The X's are getting old, but there are new TEN's to be available later next year.

...According to him, every other fractional is kicking NJA's butt, and then this week it becomes apparent they are not...QUOTE]

With the exception of Avantair. Reference the February BCA article. We ARE kicking butts...

With the exception of Avantair. Reference the February BCA article. We ARE kicking butts...

Same article said we were doing well too; we expect an announcement tomorrow night telling us that we're going out of business.

Latest resources

Back