• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Places Order For 96 New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
THANK YOU NetJets! My Textron stock is up $4+. Sweet!

Oh one more thing. Consider this:

Textron is part owner of Citation Shares. So it seems that you are actually kind of helping one of your competitors. But I guess when y'all purchased all those Beechjets (or, uh, Hawker 400's) that you were sort of helping Raytheon (at the time) too, which owned (or still owns) FlightOptions.

SkiandSurf,

- You are wound way too tight to be the Surfer and Skier that you claim!

- Either your profile is BS or I don't understand why you ever came to NJA if the pay is so far below you.

- People will bid what they want based on seniority they earned by coming here XX years ago. Where was your application say 6-8 years ago when we all joined this place and made it what it is????

I have no problem with a Beechjet or Ultra Captain moving out of the plane. But when a bid comes out for 30 captain positions, and 20 of those seats are taken to current captains, it delays the rest of us.
I wish there were a "head shaking" emoticon. Do you actually look at the awards, or do you only look for "SIC/PIC" in the award listing? On the 5/31 awards:

Ultra: 11/11 upgrades
Encore: 3/4 upgrades, the 4th moved from the Ultra (TCAS, anyone?)
XL: 0/2 upgrades - both equipment/pay upgrades, one from 400xp, one from Ultra
Sovereign: 0/4 upgrades - 2 moved from Ultra, one from Encore, one from 400xp (Class upgrades).
800xph: 0/1 upgrades - from Ultra (Class upgrade)
800xpc: 1/12 upgrades - 5 moved from XL (larger aircraft, better avionics, and with the 900xp coming, differences pay), 1 from 800xp (better avionics, upcoming differences pay), 3 from Ultra and 2 from 400xp (self-explanatory)

So 15 of 34 slots were SIC upgrades, 13 of 34 were movement out of non-apu aircraft =28 of 34. The rest went from smaller to larger, or to higher pay and better avionics.

Your argument doesn't wash. Sorry.

I think the company is fat on captains, and is happy to grow the FO list without replacing empty captains seats.
So when we're fat on captains, what exactly is the company supposed to do to rectify that, other than growing the FO list with slower upgrades?

When, during the interview, the company tells us of upgrading within 2-3 yrs, and then I only see 5-10 upgrades per months, it gets frustrating to see these guys jumping from plane to plane.
You should have done more research. Nobody here was saying to expect 2-3 yr upgrades. BTW, as of the 5/31 awards, the upgrade is running at 2 yrs, 5 mos. Have you been here 2 yrs, 5 mos? If not, wait your turn. :rolleyes:

You guys come on here and rant about how good this job is and how the other jobs suck, but you dont talk about the 2 incidents this week.
What would you like to talk about? Do you know any details? I don't. And what do they have to do with how good this job is or how bad other jobs are? Get it together, bro, you're losing the plot.

Last edited:
SkiandSurf,

- Either your profile is BS or I don't understand why you ever came to NJA if the pay is so far below you.
My guess? Ex-Indy A320 captain, who got the 737 type but never the call for SWA, and is now bitter that he has to stoop to being a little biz-jet FO.

Skiandsurf if you had met the man in question you would understand that he is one of the hardest working union members out there. It wasn't a vacation he was on. The arbitrator, and 3 appeals courts ruled that he was unjustly fired. I'd do some research before you start spouting about something you have no idea about.

You can be pissed all you want on a anonymous internet board.

I just don't see how someone with 16,000 hours can be unable to wing a few years on SIC pay. 16,000 hours should have been long enough to save SOMETHING.

Cry me a river skiandsurf. You have it easy! Just as was mentioned previously, those senior guys at NJA who bid another Cpt spot were here during the old contract, working for peanuts and working on a 17 day schedule for FAR inferior pay. We endured lies, stalling and a terrible fight that brought lots of stress to both the pilots and the company. We also had to be available 10 hours after shutdown for immediate duty. You can bitch and moan all you want. But when I want to bid another aircraft, for whatever reason, I will NOT feel the slightest bit of guilt or hesitate for a moment.

Its because of my financial planning that allows me to continue this job.

I have no problem with a Beechjet or Ultra Captain moving out of the plane. But when a bid comes out for 30 captain positions, and 20 of those seats are taken to current captains, it delays the rest of us. If the company refilled those seats that were vacated by a captain movement, I wouldnt have a problem at all. But I dont think they replace them. I think the company is fat on captains, and is happy to grow the FO list without replacing empty captains seats.

When, during the interview, the company tells us of upgrading within 2-3 yrs, and then I only see 5-10 upgrades per months, it gets frustrating to see these guys jumping from plane to plane.

You guys come on here and rant about how good this job is and how the other jobs suck, but you dont talk about the 2 incidents this week.

Now get back to more important gripes, like crewfood and First Aviation.

NO IT DOESN'T!!!
Myself and 2 othe guys have tried to explain this to you. Pay attention.

When a Captain moves from fleet A to fleet B it opens up a slot in fleet A.

That Captain is in training therefore not flying either fleet.

The company still needs these planes flown so they upgrade more Captains. Hopefully, they are proactive and have enough crews online when the upgrade comes.

This helps speed upgrades brother. Not slow them. Saavy?

You SENIOR guys bitch about the lack of service at First Aviation at TEB. Personally, I only go through there maybe once a month, and I have never had a bad experience there.
It does suck. This is how we fix things.
You SENIOR guys bitch about someone putting "SUGENITE" in the transponder on the C-X, yet you protect some idiot that takes a picture of himself, in uniform, shooting at the companies propaganda.
Okay Hillary. Just calm down. This "idiot" you speak of may have made a bad decision. We all do. But to be terminated for that?!? BS. AND he does more for our Union in one week than you (and I) have done since you (we) started here. He is invaluable! I take your attack on him personally.
You SENIOR guys, bitch about the company not getting incident info out to you fast enough.
Ya, we care. I guess we should just get the info from the local rumor mill. Good idea.
You SENIOR guys bitch about the TSA treating you like terrorists, instead of crewmembers. Guess what, we are NOT airline pilots...we are airline passengers. Again, I have never hada problem with any TSA personel. I do not check my bags. I just play the game, and be nice to them.
121 & 135 certificates. Background checks etc etc etc. Yes we are not airline folks. But I think what we are looking for is some Professional Courtesy. But I guess professional courtesy is gone the way of the airline pension. I blame the company for not jumping through the proper hoops to fix this from the get go. Maybe someday. Anyways I play the same game.

Seems to me that you SENIOR guys bitch about the little stuff, while us JUNIOR guys are bitching about MONEY.Oh we bitch about money. We left to much on the table. You just need to drop this entitlement garbage. The company told you something!?! Ya they told me we "would have a new contract and FFH in 6 months" Well 3 years later I was still waiting. If it is not written.......

Upgrade at NJA is 4+ years. Is everyone listening?? If it comes earlier, congrads. If not, you were warned.

In the meantime my standing bid for the 2000EX and the G-IV stands.

Hope you get the G-IV bid Gun. You'll love the jet and the QOL is much better. Ask JK or WB. Sorry I won't get to fly with ya...heading for the V / 550 / 450 this summer.

Latest resources

Back