Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sbav8r

I do deny them my essence
I'm a little confused about how the company is structured and the current work rules. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Is NJA and NJI sepperate seniority lists?

Are all the bases listed on the airlinepilotcentral website for NJA as well as NJI? More importantly, is LAX part of NJI or NJA?

Is LAX a long wait?

Can pilots transfer from one company to the other? That is, Captains transfer over to NJI as Captains, or do they start as an FO?

As long as it does not conflict with duty regs, are you allowed by the company to have contract work on the side? My present company does not allow any commercial flying on days off.

The more I have learned about the company, the more I think it might be a very good career move for me. I live in SBA and would like to stay west coast based without a commute.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm a little confused about how the company is structured and the current work rules. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Is NJA and NJI sepperate seniority lists?

Are all the bases listed on the airlinepilotcentral website for NJA as well as NJI? More importantly, is LAX part of NJI or NJA?

Is LAX a long wait?

Can pilots transfer from one company to the other? That is, Captains transfer over to NJI as Captains, or do they start as an FO?

As long as it does not conflict with duty regs, are you allowed by the company to have contract work on the side? My present company does not allow any commercial flying on days off.

The more I have learned about the company, the more I think it might be a very good career move for me. I live in SBA and would like to stay west coast based without a commute.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. yes, seperate list.
2. NJI still has home basing. NJA has domiciles.
3. Not sure about wait time for LAX.
4. NJA capts and FOs can bid to NJI. I dont think NJI can bid to NJA.
5. yes, you can fly outside of NJs.
6. It is a great job and great company. Just be ready for 5 yr at FO pay.

A few more questions:

Does the scale on airlinepilotcentral reflect capatain pay based on years of service? I heard somewhere that captains start at year one on the scale, not years of service.

Do you travel much on your days off? If not, do they typically get you home at a reasonable time? It looks as though 7 days on would mean only 5 nights away from home. That's not bad at all.

Captain pay only starts at year 1 for class 4 aircraft (Falcon EASy) and 5 (BBJ), otherwise it is years of service with the company. Your days off are your own - the company gets you back home at the end of day 7; if they get you back after midnight then you get paid a bonus.

A few more questions:

Does the scale on airlinepilotcentral reflect capatain pay based on years of service? I heard somewhere that captains start at year one on the scale, not years of service.

Do you travel much on your days off? If not, do they typically get you home at a reasonable time? It looks as though 7 days on would mean only 5 nights away from home. That's not bad at all.

Class I-III pay rates are based on years of service. Class IV -- Falcon 2000EX and GIV -- and Class V -- BBJ -- are based on years in program at this point.

As a general rule: You will not travel on a day off for company business. In those cases in which the company was not able to get you home by 2359 on day 7 you will be compensated for the additional day or days of work -- however, the company may not use you as a required crew-member past 2359 on day 7. You might have to travel to and from your domicile on a day off depending on how far you live away from your domicile.

As far as the time in which you get back to your domicile. It changes by the week. Don't plan on getting back before night fall and you will be fine.

after midnight pay

If the NJA pilot doesn't get you home (for ANY reason whatsoever) by midnight, on your last day, you get TWO extra days pay at extended rates. So for a 5 yr cpt that would be $760.00 twice for a total of $1520.00 ... plus your regular pay. and in addition, if you dont get back by noon the next day, you get the first day off of your next tour.......

Thank you Strong Union.:)

Thanks to all that have replied. I downloaded the contract from your Teamsters site and started looking through it. I'm not quite at the minimums yet, but I hope to have them by the end of summer. I know it's not competitive, but the worst that could happen is that I wait until I am.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back