Netjets Interveiw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

650 driver

I see on the latest interveiw site that Netjets is offering pilots jobs and wanting them to start like in 3-4 days afterwards.
They must be having problems finding people, definitely no pool built up of new hires.

650 driver said:
I see on the latest interveiw site that Netjets is offering pilots jobs and wanting them to start like in 3-4 days afterwards.
They must be having problems finding people, definitely no pool built up of new hires.

3 or 4 days seems like alot.. It only takes them 3 or 4 seconds to self-disclose you to the FAA. Please make an informed decision before going there.. 28k per year with no upgrade in sight!!! You and your family deserve better!!

My interview is in a few days too. Folks, what am I missing between the hot fast hiring their doing right now, and the super slow upgrade that has been mentioned? Is the hiring frenzy due to a temporary shortage to cover FOs who have bailed after 2 years with no end in sight, or what, exactly? Where exactly is the 5 year upgrade estimate coming from? And how soon will things come to a head (this summer?) for a confrontation? Million dollar questions I guess.

Oh yeah here's another question: I've heard from the spouse of a NJA Capt that if you ever interview and turn down a job offer, they basically ban you from re-interviewing for life. True?

skyaddict said:
My interview is in a few days too. Folks, what am I missing between the hot fast hiring their doing right now, and the super slow upgrade that has been mentioned? Is the hiring frenzy due to a temporary shortage to cover FOs who have bailed after 2 years with no end in sight, or what, exactly? Where exactly is the 5 year upgrade estimate coming from? And how soon will things come to a head (this summer?) for a confrontation? Million dollar questions I guess.

Oh yeah here's another question: I've heard from the spouse of a NJA Capt that if you ever interview and turn down a job offer, they basically ban you from re-interviewing for life. True?

would hate to get banned for life from there , huh???

:rolleyes: ...

when they need bodies, they need bodies....hopefully they find jack$hit retards for 26K/yr.

Where exactly is the 5 year upgrade estimate coming from?

The upgrades are being grabbed by SENIOR pilots moving around. There is a huge imbalance in the PIC/SIC ratio, new SIC's will help balance that out. Be sure you check the SIC payscale and be sure you can live with/on it because you will see 5 years there. Don't let them (interviewers)sell you anything else, and besides being poorly paid you might be asked to strike while on probation. Lots to think about, good luck.

Don't let them (interviewers)sell you anything else, and besides being poorly paid you might be asked to strike while on probation. Lots to think about, good luck.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope that you are not even suggesting the notion that probationary crew members would be asked to participate in a strike.

As a previous mid-level captain at another airline, I would NEVER have asked our probationary pilots to walk a line. Why not do what Comair did a few years ago and allow the probationary pilots to go to work while all others walked the line. This way your probationary pilots don't get fired, which the company would do, and still very few flights (if any) would operate.

Tons to think about indeed. Right now other than Pinnacle it just seems a complete waste of time to go to another regional, though who knows. To be paid $20 or less an hour for a year or so (untenable without living with one's mommy and dady or having a sugarmomma spouse) just to get in line for another questionable upgrade that can be snatched away is a massive insult, but this is just my first furlough and some who are doing that have been through 2-3 already.~ But I'm not prepared to call it quits just yet. The other choices for those like me without turbine PIC are gamble that frac pay will increase to livable wages once some ugliness occurs (eg NJA strike etc) or to pack it up and pursue overseas contract flying.

Honestly, I can't imagine allowing probationary pilots to fly with Mgt or scabs. It would prolong any work action. New hires need to come here with this in the back of their minds. No one wants a strike and no one wants a strike that lasts one day longer than needed. We could have 200 on probation and that could be a lot of flights if it were allowed. This isn't like Comair where the newhires aren't typed and unable to act as PIC. How long would it take to make these guys PICs?

But, I'm only one vote and our MEC will make that decision when/if the time comes.

skyaddict said:
My interview is in a few days too. Folks, what am I missing between the hot fast hiring their doing right now, and the super slow upgrade that has been mentioned? Is the hiring frenzy due to a temporary shortage to cover FOs who have bailed after 2 years with no end in sight, or what, exactly?

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Historically, at Netjets, PLAN has been a four letter word. When it comes to pilot staffing, nothing has changed. Now they're in the crisis mode again, complicated by their foot dragging and unwillingness to put their money where their mouth is when it comes to "making Netjets the premier job".

And folks, THIS IS A GOOD THING. The ONLY time Netjets management has ever gotten off the dime and made substantive improvements for the pilots is when they couldn't hire any. They didn't start the gateways and drop pay for training until we were parking 10-15 airplanes a day (out of a fleet half the size of what we have now).

Latest resources

Back