NetJets Hiring Question (Rumor)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mason

Heard someone say the other day that NJ requires a type before you are hired. Not necessarily a type in an aircraft that they fly but a type in anything. Just a rumor but wanted a clarification.

The only type you need to apply at NetJets right now is only issued at Bellevue. You'd have to be nuts to be applying here right now.

Gator--June 17,18 & 19--I'll be there! ;) TC

P.S.--If you aren't from IND, Union Jack's Pub has great racing memoribilia and a bunch of beer on tap. :D

They sent me an application recently. Promptly returned it. I have several type ratings and plenty of time, but they quickly sent me back a rejection letter saying that "after careful review and consideration, we have elected not to offer you an interview...." WTF!

AA717driver,
Refer to "F1 tonight" thread in Non aviation related category...I'll post my response there.

timetoquit said:
They sent me an application recently. Promptly returned it. I have several type ratings and plenty of time, but they quickly sent me back a rejection letter saying that "after careful review and consideration, we have elected not to offer you an interview...." WTF!

...maybe with that kind of experience they realize they would not be able to pull the wool over your eyes as easy ;)

Mason said:
Heard someone say the other day that NJ requires a type before you are hired. Not necessarily a type in an aircraft that they fly but a type in anything. Just a rumor but wanted a clarification.

We have a pair of 25 yr. old pilots in my indoc class with neither type ratings or any turbojet time. Those without type ratings have to take their logbooks with them to Flight Safety Sim Training for some kind of a review.

AirBear

both pilots are typed.

Airbear they probably have to take them for a review to show they have x amount of turbine time on hand. Otherwise they have a limitation of 25hrs of instruction by a pic on their cert.

Latest resources

Back