NetJets common carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CatYaaak said:
If you want to be treated like an adult, act (or ask questions) like an adult. You wouldn't answer a question phrased like that either.

Are you talking to me or to the pilot who said these things?

Personally, I think management has had amble time to make good on their promises of 3.5 years. This pilot group has acted with the companies best interests in mind in hopes that management would return the favor. That last TA was just too much of a bad thing. It has signigficantly damaged relations here. How "adult"ish was that of Dollar Bill to offer that travesty up as his final offer? Not very me thinks.

Blame it on the old MEC if you will. I however, saw two signatures at the end of each section; one for the Union and one for Dollar Bill Boisture.

At this point, the "meaningful talking" will either take place at the negotiating table or by a Union Media Spokesperson at picketing locations to be announced in the future.

Just my "adult" guess.

FLYLOW22 said:
Are you talking to me or to the pilot who said these things?

I was referring to the pilot who said those things if, in fact, that's how he phrased the question.

G4dude said:
What I don't understand is that the union lawyers know the law, and know NetJets' structure. If there is grounds for a lawsuit, it would not involve bravery or timidity. Either the situation is in violation of common carrier laws or it isn't. I have the feeling the Union is blowing smoke again.
First, the Local and MEC have to WANT to pursue it (read - spend $$$) and then REQUEST the lawyers look into it. The Local did not want to pursue it because it would mean having to spend NJA pilot dues on NJA pilots. Harold Powell saw no reason to remove money from his coffers and spend it on those ol' pilots. I also think the old Local (remember that a majority of its members are non-aviation) convinced our old milk-toast MEC that they should not pursue this. Also, the old MEC stated that they did not want to take an adversarial approach with management. Well, as of 12/22/04, those days are thankfully over.

Since Santulli has been begging us for a fight, I think we finally have the right group in office to oblige him. What better than to threaten his non-union baby with a consolidation into NJA? Since we're negotiating, that seems like an excellent bargaining chip for NJA pilots to at least explore. Who knows, a judge may decide that NJA and NJI are totally different animals and have nothing in common. I don't happen to think NJA and NJI are so vastly different. I vote that we spend some of our dues to find out. This new MEC will hopefully explore all options and leave none of their fight in the locker room.

What is the real benefit to solving the single carrier issue. Not how one side feels or I win / you win business.

What is the benefit of this pursuit.

Please...well intended thoughtful discussion here.

Thanks,
TCA
"Still Climbing"

Potential benefit of persuing this challenge? Virtually nothing.

Potential expense and time to be wasted persuing this challenge? Virtutally everything.

We need to focus on the important topics. This one appears to be a potential big distraction and big expense.

Very little to benefit here. I want the new MEC to succeed. Don't want them to get caught up in side topics that will waste even more of our time and money.

I disagree. Having us as one company will strengthen our position against NJ. In the future (1, 5 or 15 yrs down the road) we will come close to a strike...having another non union sister company to take up the slack will weaken our position to some degree.

Gulfstreams are high dollar aircraft with high dollar fees and the second highest paying pilot positions at our company. If things go to pay by weight someday, those are more seats for the senior guys, which very well may be the 1 seat number you need to move up to the next class, and if that allows you to move up 5 years earlier at 15k a year, that is serious coin.

I would rather fly a G4 then a CX.

I would like the option to do international. not saying I will, but the option is nice.

As much as folks claim it was the unions that broke the legacy carriers, it was the unions that made them such a great career to begin with. Unions are a direct response to a need. I think the more fractional pilots under a union, the better our position will be.

I want all these battles fought now and finished so when this war is over we can all move on together, do our best to heal the wounds, and keep/make NJ the best fractional around. I don't want any lingering issues.

And of course Spite.

A good response and some good points. Thanks.

I also think having a stronger position would benefit us.

I just don't think that this topic is a battle worth fighting for. There are other topics that we stand a chance at winning. This doesn't appear to be one of them.

We have a separate negotiating committee and MEC for a reason. The negotiating committee can move forward in negotiations while the MEC can oversee many aspects of their strategic plan.

RJL - I can guarantee you that if ASAP moves forward with the single carrier petition , it's going to be because the lawyers have told them that it is a winable cause with minimal risk to us. I'll defer to their judgement.

RJL said:
I just don't think that this topic is a battle worth fighting for. There are other topics that we stand a chance at winning. This doesn't appear to be one of them.
Why wouldn't you want to at least look into the matter? I think anything that gives us potential leverage at the bargaining table is a battle worth fighting for. Santulli wants to keep the NJA/NJI groups seperate? How much is he willing to pay?
I'm glad we're having the lawyer look into it to see if it's feasible. I want all options explored and I'm glad we now have five "Lewis & Clark" types on our MEC.

Latest resources

Back