• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need help from all you wonderful Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is right just like having a baby. I have helped my wife with 7 natural child births at home. No meds all natural. You have to relax that is what the LAMAZ method is all about..........just like having a baby.I stand by my quote-a real woman will understand.

TurboS7 said:
I have helped my wife with 7 natural child births at home. No meds all natural.
:eek: Dam!
I'm not impressed until you hit 9. j/k, congrats!

Response to all of you Wonderful Pilots....

Thank you for responding. Honestly, for those who have acknowledged and understood this challenge. My heartfelt Thanks.

I want all of your to understand that by any means, I did not post here to undermine or underestimate the highly skilled and trained pilots. I just went and sought out the best individuals who could help me understand.

I am greatful and It is making perfect sense the reality of it all. Each step forward is a process. The one thing that also have been helping me is that I have found a couple of other sights that you can actually track flights. Every day I get up in the morning and type in my flight. I see the progress it makes during flight. It actually has a graphic that shows where the plane is. Also, I found (don't know how) another place that you actually here the ATC and pilots talking - clearing for landing, taking off, turn left, sorry don't actually know the correct verbiage. Anyway, it is slowly coming together. I have a couple of weeks to go. I have been studying the specific 757 model, and other pertinent information on-line.

As for the Crash and Burn pic from NASA - one day I hopefully will be able to see the humor in that. I guess it wasn't funny at first, but can see how its funny to you. And...breaking the ice by wondering if the pilot can actually read the manual to figure out how to fly the plane - THAT I DID LAUGH! Sometimes that is a great way to break the ice. I do have a great sense of humor most of the time.

Life is to be lived. And, I am frustrated that I spend energy with this fear. Is it the fear of dying - yes. Kind of hypocritcal when I am a Christian. Indeed, no matter where or when, if its my turn to go then so be it. I guess if I didn't have children, (which by the way, that is when it started) I woudn't have this fear of flying.

And speaking of children...Turbo S7 - Congrats for you and your family. They are a blessing. You're 3 up on me....1 Emergency C-section - 3 natural....A real women can take the pain - would I take the pain or fly....That's apples and oranges.

Thanks again, honestly for at least posting.

Take Care,
Sandy

jcrew10 said:
As for the Crash and Burn pic from NASA - one day I hopefully will be able to see the humor in that. I guess it wasn't funny at first, but can see how its funny to you. And...breaking the ice by wondering if the pilot can actually read the manual to figure out how to fly the plane - THAT I DID LAUGH! Sometimes that is a great way to break the ice. I do have a great sense of humor most of the time.
Sandy,

Did you see the movie "Airplane"? If you did, then you might remember they used that NASA footage as the in-flight movie on the plane. That footage and still has been used many times by Letterman, etc., and has unfortunately become somewhat of a comedy staple. (If you haven't seen "Airplane," you might want to hold off until you've got the phobia thing licked or it might give you other reasons to avoid flying!)

On a more serious note, if you haven't discovered them already, the Web has some great resources -- some free, some costing a few bucks.

http://www.fearless-flight.com/
http://www.airsafe.com/issues/fear.htm

Or if you just type "fear of flying" into Google, you'll find a bazillion Web sites. One or two are bound to be helpful.

It sounds like one of the ways you're tackling this is by learning about airplanes and aviation. Ask the Pilot: Everything You Need to Know About Air Travel, a book you can find on Amazon may be helpful.

As others have pointed out, once you study the statistics, the drive to and from the airport is far more dangerous than the flight. But yeah, I know, phobias are not rational, etc. Hey, I'm a pilot, but I'm afraid of heights (quite common among pilots actually). I don't mind doing barrel rolls in an aerobatic plane at 10,000 feet, but put me on a tall shag carpet or the roof of my house and I'll just about pass out.

Good luck!

Not sure if you've flown yet, and I responded to your post earlier with my two cents. At the time, didnt think to ask for something in return.

Please let us all know how it went. Hope the advice from all helped!

Something to think about........

I try to fly every flight with the assumption that a "nervous flyer" like Sandy is in the back.

How about you?

I have flown with a few that don't seem to even take it into consideration, mostly ex-military guys but some civilian as well.

Just something to consider.

Latest resources

Back