• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ndb approaches?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long have you been off the Saab... I left it over 3.5 years ago and know both parts of that are currently wrong.... It would be 34 in CIU, and we haven't been to London on the Saab in ages.... Even going to Kitchner though, having a short crosswind runway didn't require an NDB...
Actually come to think of it. Not only Kitchner but now London have been cut entirely by Delta....

Still on the Saab. We did them in London, ON occasionally but of course we don't go there anymore. Still go to CIU and do them a few times here and there.

I was dead nuts on the radial from the OM NDB in EAU and the damn airport was still at 2 o'clock. Thank god we can't do GPS's in the Saab. They may not be accurate.

p.s. The ILS was down. I don't choose to do the NDB.

Is Great Lakes still doing NDB approaches? I can remember doing NDB circle-to-lands there on line and not just in training.

Yes, But now that the Montana flying is gone we don't have many airports with only NDB approaches..

NDB approach into Ottawa Canada. Did it quite a few times in the CRJ, and did one 2 weeks ago in the LR 55.

Yes, But now that the Montana flying is gone we don't have many airports with only NDB approaches..

I can remember doing the NDB 26 at CYS and circling to the shorter runway when 8/26 was closed shortly before I left Lakes. But it's been a while.

Latest resources

Back