• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N452fx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They became poster boys for IRL. At one time, they were decent guys. "Don't call me Tony" and Sgt. Schultz went off course somewhere along the way. What would cause these pilots to abandon their professional standards?

They became poster boys for IRL. At one time, they were decent guys. "Don't call me Tony" and Sgt. Schultz went off course somewhere along the way. What would cause these pilots to abandon their professional standards?

I only know Anthony by name but I am pretty good friends with Schultz. Known him since Travel Air. I have always known him to be honest and forthright. He was always fair when he gave me a check ride. I am not sure what profession standard you are using but Schultz had always been professional when I flew with him. So now that Katai is over there, does that mean he has abandon his professional standards as well? What I think is that you really don’t even know him and you are only going by what others say. He kinda makes me question my loyalty to the union if it has goat humping supporters like you. You and others like you give the union a bad name by jumping to conclusions about what happened. Since you are an aviation retard let me clue you in. The G450 has data downloads that will tell everyone if they where in parameters and following SOP’s. Why don’t we wait until this info comes out before we lynch them. It would make us look better in the end also.

Jetsetter67 I agree with you: we should only judge the professional standards of the pilots in question based on facts and even then we should be generous with our interpretation.

That said, all information given out so far and information that can be deduced from the available data lead to the overwhelming speculation they were barely stabilized, if at all, and operating outside of SOPs due to pressure to land at that specific airport and at that specific time. I have heard variations of where, from whom and why the pressure was applied but that's another discussion all together.

When I read GCs statement I did not interpret it the same way you did. What it brought to the forefront of my mind was the question of what is going on in the IRL (amd DRL) program that is making its pilots abandon their professional standards? That statement on its face implies the pilots had, and have previously displayed, a high level of excellence. The interpretation of their personal schmuckiness for accepting the position is yet another different discussion (perhaps implied in the language GC used) but not relevant to the offense you took on their behalf.

It is high time, as professionals, we realize we are working for an ever increasingly unsafe company with ever increasingly unsafe sub programs. Dedicated crew is a huge safety issue that cannot be continually ignored in deference to a marketing scheme.

If these pilots are in fact found to have acted unprofessionally (and that will take time to determine) it's important to realize we can't blame these pilots alone. We need to blame the culture we have created with Red Label that is inherently responsible.

Your union - the one you want to so quickly abandon in defense of your offense - has been the only entity beating the drum that might actually be the only defense your friend will have to fall back on.

Isn't life ironic?

Jet , you start out agreeing with me, so what would cause these pilots to take the risks that they did? They calculated their landing for the opposite direction. He was known for maintaining a high professional standard, so what happened this time. This should be a learning experience for all of us. Are you advocating for others to abandon professional standards?

Jet , you start out agreeing with me, so what would cause these pilots to take the risks that they did? They calculated their landing for the opposite direction. He was known for maintaining a high professional standard, so what happened this time. This should be a learning experience for all of us. Are you advocating for others to abandon professional standards?

As I stated before, until the FACTS have been given speculation should cease. Because that is all that it is. Speculation. A wise man holds his tongue, a fool will gossip

FACT; They calculated their landing data based on landing on 22. This is by their own account and backed up by their ipreflight book. So NO, I am not speculating. So back to my original question of why would two experienced pilots with good records not go around?

FACT; They calculated their landing data based on landing on 22. This is by their own account and backed up by their ipreflight book. So NO, I am not speculating. So back to my original question of why would two experienced pilots with good records not go around?

I am curious as how you are so privileged as to have information that others do not. Did you get your info directly from them or the safety department?

Jet, the pilots themselves disclosed that information. And per Flexjet SOPs: when calculating the tailwind factor, you must use the worst case wind. The METAR they would have used for their 15 minute prior (also per SOPs) check reported gusts to 18 knots. So, without speculation, we know for absolute fact, they were outside of the SOPs. That Toni is back on the line shows there is a blatant double standard of treatment at Flexjet today, both in professional standards and HR.

Last edited:
Absolutely the truth. Anyone else would have been fired. But they are defending the whole incident taken zero responsibility. It wasn’t their fault it was the wind The wind made us do it !!!!

No surprise here at all. The guy with the funny mustache who sucked engine plugs then continued to fly for a couple of days without reporting it got upgraded to an IP

Latest resources

Back