• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N452fx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well we will see. I have flown with both of the pilots involved. What separates this incident from the others is the fact that This is the first time an unabashed Union supporter was involved. He was always conservative in his runway calculations, and was willing to go toe to toe when faced with a pilot pusher. The facts will come out in due time.

Untrue. A very vocal union supporter who posts here destroyed his airplane in fine fashion in one of those incidents.

OK. I'll give you that one. He certainly was vocal but he also was not shy about attacking fellow Union members.

It’s not a union/non union issue.

That’s what? 6 incidents in the last 24 months? 7? I’ve lost count. All on one side of the house. That’s a pretty discernible trend line. It’s cultural in my opinion. And that’s not to say that there aren’t a lot of really god aviators from the Cleveland side. I’ve flown with a number of them. I think you also have a significant number of walking bad idea machines in your ranks, and a mgt philosophy that that encourages questionable decision making.

I would say that the safety bar has been lowered incrementally, and the former Scheduling practices that lasted about two months after the merger put the onus on cutting corners to make departures work out.

It’s not a union/non union issue.

That won't stop the union haters from trying to make this the union's fault somehow. It's already started.

That’s what? 6 incidents in the last 24 months? 7? I’ve lost count. All on one side of the house. That’s a pretty discernible trend line. It’s cultural in my opinion.

Ahhhhhh. Culture. That ****ing word again. Funny how Kenn was the one who tried to introduce the culture argument into his union busting. Fact is KENN HIMSELF is the anti-Midas. Everything he touches rots. Everything. His management principles kill culture. Read the book. Figure out how quickly you'd divorce if you ran your "family" the way Kenn advocates.

And that’s not to say that there aren’t a lot of really god aviators from the Cleveland side. I’ve flown with a number of them. I think you also have a significant number of walking bad idea machines in your ranks, and a mgt philosophy that that encourages questionable decision making.

Absolutely. For all of his talk about creating 20% career and releasing the 80% from trapped status, I'm astounded by how many of his employees (even some - hell especially some- of the IGMs and FoKs) feel trapped. You cannot take a pilot with 10 plus years of seniority and "release" them into the pool of a seniority driven industry and not have them lose significantly. Even in the case of all of this Red Label frog jumping the regar line pilots are sometimes better off staying than going elsewhere but it is even worse because now you created a benefit class (the out of seniority upgrades) that didn't earn it but can't afford to leave it. Kenn's own ideas are creating the trap not breaking it. How can people not get it?

I would say that the safety bar has been lowered incrementally, and the former Scheduling practices that lasted about two months after the merger put the onus on cutting corners to make departures work out.

Ding ding ding. Winner winner chicken dinner. I am amazed at how often the words "professional pace" get uttered around here with very little understanding of what it really means. To half our group (and management) it means rush and risk and get the ****ing job done NOW. No! Professional pace means do your ****ing job professionally no matter how long it takes. Don't purposefully delay, don't be slow but take the time to be a ****ing professional. It couldn't be any simpler than that and a pilot who doesn't understand everything that means is part of - if not THE - problem.

Latest resources

Back