• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW! The world gets more bizarre by the day especially when a man as low as Kenn Ricci can write a book titled, Management by Trust. I would like to know who the ghost writer is.

Kenny can sell ice to an Eskimo and deliver Kool Aid. He is not to be trusted. Just ask how I know. That man will drive a knife in your back in a second to make the gains he so desires.

For those of you who want to get rid of your union that will be the worst mistake of your career. Kenny is anything but trustworthy. Do not let his carefully crafted image fool you. You need that and a contract not just to be proud of but to hold that liar's feet to the fire!

How did we determine which employees should be Senior Flight Officers? We couldn’t simply ask them. We were smart enough to realize no employee would deny being committed to the organization. Nor did we want to establish a “suck up to management program,” with everybody competing to flatter his boss. The fundamental goal of our organization was to build a trust environment. Someone who was committed to the organization would have to be able to trust and would have to be trusted in return. Furthermore, he would have to be able to outwardly express his commitment.

We felt that Senior Flight Officer candidates should have spent sufficient time with us to understand our culture and believe in our mission. Three years seemed long enough to fully learn our culture but short enough for someone to be able to move on if our culture was not for them. Remember: no trapped employees!

Senior Slight Officer candidates applied in writing. The act of sitting down and writing in and of itself indicated a certain commitment (this process doesn’t just happen effortlessly). More important, the letters were tremendously revealing about a candidate’s intentions and goals. To this day it astounds me to think of how much you could learn by reviewing an application. Some candidates would write a very simple, straightforward letter: “My name is _________, I have worked here for three years, and I would like to be considered for Senior Flight Officer.” You could almost tell they had a sense of entitlement and were afraid to reveal too much of their true character. Others wrote extensive letters that included their background and why they were qualified. Still others submitted elaborate, indexed presentations including summaries of their lives, what they had done for the company, and what they would do in the future. These letters invariably revealed more of the nature and spirit of the applicant. This was always the first step in proving they understood the culture of trust. Of course, if they went right into their flaws, we knew we had a winner!

WooHooo. The IBT aparachiks can’t even wait for their traditional spring-time offensive…it seems to have begun today. OHGOON seems to be full of it, and, although apparently gone to greener pastures, his righteous indignation that someone might not believe/accept his views of the world makes him near apoplectic. And I still have a tear in my eye after learning Mr. Praetorian was once a slave, but now, thank God Almighty, he is free(due to the IBT, I guess).

I’ve stated this before and will say again, we crews meet all the time on the road. If you get the chance, ask the FO guys how they like being IBT(remember, they are the IBT). The ones I’ve met to the man(uh, person) are mostly indifferent, a couple were just plain anti, and a few think the “leaders” are a bunch of dorks. So far, thank God Almighty, I haven’t been chased by a uber IBT’er into a bathroom.

Again, I’m not totally anti-union, but there hasn’t been a credible case for us unionizing here at Flex. All the smoke-blowing, “what ifs”, and outright lies posted here make more of a case of keeping the IBT out of our lives.

And other than the condescending tone you uber IBT’ ers project to us non kool-aid drinkers, you’ve kept the conversation half-way civil.
WL

Take care
How did we determine which employees should be Senior Flight Officers? We couldn?t simply ask them. We were smart enough to realize no employee would deny being committed to the organization. Nor did we want to establish a ?suck up to management program,? with everybody competing to flatter his boss. The fundamental goal of our organization was to build a trust environment. Someone who was committed to the organization would have to be able to trust and would have to be trusted in return. Furthermore, he would have to be able to outwardly express his commitment.

We felt that Senior Flight Officer candidates should have spent sufficient time with us to understand our culture and believe in our mission. Three years seemed long enough to fully learn our culture but short enough for someone to be able to move on if our culture was not for them. Remember: no trapped employees!

Senior Slight Officer candidates applied in writing. The act of sitting down and writing in and of itself indicated a certain commitment (this process doesn?t just happen effortlessly). More important, the letters were tremendously revealing about a candidate?s intentions and goals. To this day it astounds me to think of how much you could learn by reviewing an application. Some candidates would write a very simple, straightforward letter: ?My name is _________, I have worked here for three years, and I would like to be considered for Senior Flight Officer.? You could almost tell they had a sense of entitlement and were afraid to reveal too much of their true character. Others wrote extensive letters that included their background and why they were qualified. Still others submitted elaborate, indexed presentations including summaries of their lives, what they had done for the company, and what they would do in the future. These letters invariably revealed more of the nature and spirit of the applicant. This was always the first step in proving they understood the culture of trust. Of course, if they went right into their flaws, we knew we had a winner!

Last edited:
WooHooo. The IBT aparachiks can?t even wait for their traditional spring-time offensive?it seems to have begun today. OHGOON seems to be full of it, and, although apparently gone to greener pastures, his righteous indignation that someone might not believe/accept his views of the world makes him near apoplectic. And I still have a tear in my eye after learning Mr. Praetorian was once a slave, but now, thank God Almighty, he is free(due to the IBT, I guess).

I?ve stated this before and will say again, we crews meet all the time on the road. If you get the chance, ask the FO guys how they like being IBT(remember, they are the IBT). The ones I?ve met to the man(uh, person) are mostly indifferent, a couple were just plain anti, and a few think the ?leaders? are a bunch of dorks. So far, thank God Almighty, I haven?t been chased by a uber IBT?er into a bathroom.

Again, I?m not totally anti-union, but there hasn?t been a credible case for us unionizing here at Flex. All the smoke-blowing, ?what ifs?, and outright lies posted here make more of a case of keeping the IBT out of our lives.

And other than the condescending tone you uber IBT? ers project to us non kool-aid drinkers, you?ve kept the conversation half-way civil.
WL

Proving Pilots are dumber than a box of rocks over and over again. You really think those FO new hires would tell you how they really feel? They could smell your ignorant prejudiced attitude before you got on the bus. Who wants to educate a convinced fool at the end of a long day?

The leaders are a bunch of dorks and you are upset you haven't been propositioned in the bathroom by any of them yet? Your homoerotic fantasies aside, is your personal social development really stuck this much in High School? Never heard an adult use "dorks" as an argument for or against anything?

I feel bad for you...:erm:

Proving Pilots are dumber than a box of rocks over and over again. You really think those FO new hires would tell you how they really feel? They could smell your ignorant prejudiced attitude before you got on the bus. Who wants to educate a convinced fool at the end of a long day?

The leaders are a bunch of dorks and you are upset you haven't been propositioned in the bathroom by any of them yet? Your homoerotic fantasies aside, is your personal social development really stuck this much in High School? Never heard an adult use "dorks" as an argument for or against anything?

I feel bad for you...:erm:

Ohgoon, please don't apply at Flexjet! If hired, you will hate it, and I know I and many more would hate flying with you.

Thanks hammer. I don't know who these guys are but I appreciate the heads up. These guys work their way in and gain your trust but when they have a chance to rat you out to promote themselves, they have no hesitation ,

Thanks hammer. I don't know who these guys are but I appreciate the heads up. These guys work their way in and gain your trust but when they have a chance to rat you out to promote themselves, they have no hesitation ,

Understood. Remember, just because we don't want a union at Flex, we're not rats, we are your friend.

Latest resources

Back