Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Power-On SE Stalls

IP076 said:
Don't know what and where you guys fly, but it seems to me that I do Power On Single Engine Stalls daily in the Seminole. Its called a VMC Demo at 4000' AGL when the ground is 5000' MSL. The Seminole always stalls first at these altitudes.

That was kind of the point of my message a while back about the FAA removing the "limiting the rudder" clause from the new PTS. In the SEMI, if you don't limit the rudder (and do everything else within PTS/AFH guidelines), you'll invariably get the horn first, as you and I have both said.

I've created a monster...

Re: Power-On SE Stalls

IP076 said:
Don't know what and where you guys fly, but it seems to me that I do Power On Single Engine Stalls daily in the Seminole. Its called a VMC Demo at 4000' AGL when the ground is 5000' MSL. The Seminole always stalls first at these altitudes.

Ok, but during a Vmc demo you should be recovering the instant you hear the stall warn. Where it gets exciting is if you start a power on turning stall at twenty inches MAP. Right as the buffet starts usually the low wing will drop. At that instant snap the aileron the opposite direction in an attempt to level the wings. Now recover from the incipient spin.

Last edited:
Right

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Gets pretty darn intersting...

Just a little confusion on my part....

I don't see what the big deal is- I think you should try this stuff in IMC to make it interesting. Get a block of airspace from ATC and go do it all in the clouds.

Or, as I did in my old instructing days, two hoods. One for him and one for me.

Stall/spin/vmc recoveries on the gages. After you get the hang of it - Piece of cake.

Latest resources

Back