Most unprofessional tower controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captjim

My vote is IAH, Houston Intercontinental. There are days when I wish I could be standing there when a couple get done with their shift.

Those guys chew people out for the simplest of mistakes. I've had them put us in "the penilty box" for missing one call. They are just grumpy a$$holes. It embarrasses me when they get really short with foreign carriers.

captjim said:
My vote is IAH, Houston Intercontinental. There are days when I wish I could be standing there when a couple get done with their shift.

IAH Tower: 281-230-8400

Date/Time/Freq

Venting here won't change a thing.

I'm seeing alot of the grumpy pissed off traffic cop kind of controller recently. Who knows why it is happening. Since they now make more than most airline pilots thanks to the US tax payer you would think it would be different. Ahhh.. just went to the post office.... forget everything I said above.

Ahhh. It is sad. Back in the "60's", Cincinnati was outstanding. Just great. But now?..........Actually it is a function of management. When you see a drop in attitude, you can, quite frankly, blame it on the Chief.............By the way, my degree is in fact, in management.

www.bdkingpress.com

PastFastMover said:
I'm seeing alot of the grumpy pissed off traffic cop kind of controller recently. Who knows why it is happening. Since they now make more than most airline pilots thanks to the US tax payer you would think it would be different. Ahhh.. just went to the post office.... forget everything I said above.

Hmmm....
3 hours on postion at a time.
Understaffing, greater workload.
Traffic count here getting above 10000 a day over 4 days a week.
Pilots who don't listen and need everything repeated.
Pilots who turn the wrong way in a holding pattern.
No end in sight as the FAA won't hire more people.
Even if we hire more people, we don't have the staffing to train them.

Heard a controller at Palomar CA actually use profanity at an aircraft. The guy was in a hold and basically it sounded like hew was coming up on efc, so he queried and got totally chewed. It was, as they say just to the south, "Loco."

PastFastMover said:
I wish someone could take guys like you and put you behind a scope at C90 (Chicago TRACON) then place bets on how long you would last. I give you.....2 minutes tops. And no, I'm not a controller....I'm an airline pilot too.

SkyBoy1981 said:
I wish someone could take guys like you and put you behind a scope at C90 (Chicago TRACON) then place bets on how long you would last. I give you.....2 minutes tops. And no, I'm not a controller....I'm an airline pilot too.

Have to speak for yourself skykiddie... Not everyone has the limits you put on yourself.

Latest resources

Back