more furloughs at AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
amcnd said:
The funny thing is we still have pilots at Eagle (that have AA numbers)that have turned down Jetblue/SWA thinking that they will flow through soon.
You're not serious are you? If true, hope somebody at Eagle thought enough of them to kick their butts into next week and report them for psychiatric help. AA's shrinking and will continue to do so retirements or no. We'll see what the losses were for 2nd quarter on Wednesay. I say they're going to be scary large. Management doesn't have a viable business plan other than employee concessions which probably would have worked ok, except that fuel costs went through the roof. Work at AMR cause you need a job, not because you want a career.

With the latest round of furloughs to come in October, what date of hire will be affected? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Draginass said:
You're not serious are you? If true, hope somebody at Eagle thought enough of them to kick their butts into next week and report them for psychiatric help. AA's shrinking and will continue to do so retirements or no. We'll see what the losses were for 2nd quarter on Wednesay. I say they're going to be scary large. Management doesn't have a viable business plan other than employee concessions which probably would have worked ok, except that fuel costs went through the roof. Work at AMR cause you need a job, not because you want a career.
Analysts are actually forecasting a miniscule profit. I believe management's plan is more viable than most, but its execution is painfully slow. Why have they waited so long in implementing efficiency measures that were available to them under our old contract.

Additionally, they are proving that old ways die hard in embracing no or low cost items that would prove to the employees that they're serious about culture change (ie. unlimited jumpseat for the new generation of forced commuters).

This furlough anouncement is a major litmus test for the new APA regime. The hotline message immediately following the furlough announcement referred to Chatauqua (Republic) operating E-170 for UAL in violation of our scope clause. Does the APA let the camel get his nose under the tent? History says they will and we'll see continued degradation of mainline flying toward commuter pay scales.

seagle said:
With the latest round of furloughs to come in October, what date of hire will be affected? Just curious. Thanks in advance.
Well I guess it kind of depends.

If you were originally hired at TWA the answer is 1988.

If you were originally hired at AA the answer is 2000.

Hope this helps.

CSYmon--The Red guys got all the good jobs... You broke the code and uncovered our diabolical plot! We could have had better seniority but elected to be stapled or placed near the bottom so we could get a jump on furlough jobs. We're sooooo devious! ;)

Hey, it's pretty sad that I'm envious of the guys who got furloughed right after 9/11--they're probably close to upgrading at AirTran and JB. :D

As for the morons who are waiting for the flowthrough and turning down JB and SWA, they need to be taken off schedule RIGHT NOW! The flowthrough didn't work that well for the Eagle guys during the best of times. It drops dead in a couple of years and it will be forever before they get a newhire class going at AA(Sovich's stupid comment notwithstanding).

If you are at AE and get a job at a LCC, I say run and don't let the door hit you in the a$$. But make sure you give your two weeks notice--if AMR buys your new employer, they will try to fire you if you don't. :rolleyes: TC

CSYmon--The Red guys got all the good jobs... You broke the code and uncovered our diabolical plot! We could have had better seniority but elected to be stapled or placed near the bottom so we could get a jump on furlough jobs. We're sooooo devious! ;)
Me? Ya sure got the right guy? Don't think I uncovered anything or hinted at a plot...
Good for the red guys: They got the good jobs and are finally happy....?

Speaking of stapling:
How did the F/As get away with it.???

May sounds about right. I was hired in Aug of 2000 and with the March furloughs it went 75 numbers above me. So that's 2 classes (40 per), which would have put it back to June of 2000. Add another 123 and that's another 3 clases, so this could go back as far as May or April of 2000.

Latest resources

Back