• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest getting new aircrafts????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any press releases or anything to verify? I hope it's not true. That would mean a lot more furloughs, wouldn't it?

Are all west coast flights going to have a flagstop at MCI?

My guess is they'll abandon the west coast and MCI altogether. No sense in stopping full airplanes with an already 0 yield. My buddy says the 17 can't even make FLL and RSW without restrictions. I figure once they park the 80's, they can wait a good 6 months before they have to do anything else. My other guess is the rest of Midwest will be done after the summer travel season of 2009. The merger will be done, and they (NW/Delta) can reassign mainline aircraft to what Midwest was doing, and shut Midwest down. They are making Midwest less and less viable, just so they can justify shutting it down altogether in another year. Again, good luck to all.

Any press releases or anything to verify? I hope it's not true. That would mean a lot more furloughs, wouldn't it?

Nothing on wall street yet, so it's prly just internal right now. I'm sure the union has got the notice.

There will likely need to be a WARN act filing if they plan to furlough the 150 folks that essentially make up the -80 staffing. I can't imagine MEH would continue to operate just 25 planes. They are looking at quite a few training events as well, since those on the 80 senior enough to avoid the furlough will go back to the 717.

Uhhg...this really sucks...

What terrible news. I am very sorry to hear this. This is the absolute worst industry to be in. Avation sucks.

GOULET!....former Skyway'er.

I think this thread has drifted enough.... Back on topic..

Does anyone have any new information on Midwest's new aircrafts?

I think this thread has drifted enough.... Back on topic..

Does anyone have any new information on Midwest's new aircrafts?

This is just my take on the situation: if they were to replace the 80's, that news would have been announced at the same time. Then again, this mgt team is not made up of the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Latest resources

Back