Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coloneldan

CENSORED
Anybody have any experience with a Midget Mustang or BD-5? I'm sort of thinking about something cheap that I can use to zip from central TX to the Rockies for a quick fishing trip, or to MS to see my relatives. Then get in a do a few loops and rolls when I have some spare time. I know I'll have to keep the baggage to a minium with either. The main things I'm looking for are safe, fast, at least sportsman acro, and cheap.

I would go with the midget mustang. It is a well proven design, and has a good track record. I don't know how much baggage it will hold, but it does haul a$$. There is a guy in Greenwood, MS who has on with a 0-320 in it. I would stay far away from the BD-5. I know it looks cool but drive train problems are the problem. Also look at the Cassutt. They will go 200 mph on an 0-200 and then you can go to Reno and race in September.
Good luck

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. If I went with the BD-5 it would definately have the turbo prop or jet engine. Now that I think about it, both those options have pretty short legs.

He loves it. It is the second that he has built. The first had and 0-235 I think. I do not know his name, but I will try to get it.

BD-5. Survive the first flight, survive them all. Yeah, a little risky if you ask me, plus no room for my Big Gulp.

midget mustang

I'm building an Midget mustang. So far so good. Check out www.mustangaero.com for more info. There is also a good forum on yahoo for midget mustang builders. You'll find the link on the mustang aero home page.

Latest resources

Back