Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa's Ornstein pi$$ed at Congress? Watch out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are a real piece of work. Regional aircraft are maintained to the exact same standards that the majors are held to. You think you deserve more pay and you spew garbage like that???

So, you have NEVER seen an RJ be weight restricted on certain hops in or out of BFE on weather days? Hell, some routes I flew were pretty tight on CAVU days. You've NEVER seen some RJs literally held together with speed tape? You've NEVER experienced the "it's legal, therefore it's safe mantra"? The "one level of safety" is a nice catch phrase thrown around by the Feds and RAA when they need a sound bite for the nightly news. Anyone with a slightly functioning brain stem knows the reality is far different. I have been threatened with disciplinary action on more than one occasion for refusing questionable sign offs. I seriously doubt a pilot at Delta or American has their job threatened every time they question a sketchy corrective action in the book.

The problem with regional airlines is what they have become. Which isn't regional anymore. They used to be a fleet of Metro's, BE1900, Dash 8, Jeststream's, ATR's that connected smaller cities that had smaller runways and connected them to big hubs.

Then all the sudden met the 50 RJ's... Now you have a plane that started supplementing mainline flying to bigger airports with big runways to the hubs.

And now we have today. CRJ 900 and EMB 175's totally doing mainline flying. 2,000nm range with wifi and pax powerports.

Not every Podunk town in America should have air service. 99% of Americans live within a two hour drive of a major airport. Get in the ********************ing car and eliminate the need for the ********************ing RJ that's gonna be weight restricted and maintenance delayed anyway.

If there is a market, it will be filled. Like I said, if the market consists of average loads of 65, it's utterly stupid to to use an airplane that holds twice as many - even if it costs only 1/3 more. It's simple economics. That holds true whether the stage length is 50 miles or 2,000.

What is time worth to you? Do you place a value on time? What would you be willing to pay to save four hours of driving every time you had to make a trip? Mileage? Gas? Parking? Extra meals? Hotel? Missed soccer games, little league, dance recitals, anniversaries? Would YOU drive two hours make a two or three leg commute to avoid flying one leg on an RJ from an airport 20-minutes from your house?

What you suggest is that the traveling public drive whatever distance you deem appropriate, wasting THEIR valuable time and expense and fly to some city they can't stand, in order to change planes - just so you can fly what you think you deserve at a rate that still won't make you happy.

Cheers,

If there is a market, it will be filled. Like I said, if the market consists of average loads of 65, it's utterly stupid to to use an airplane that holds twice as many - even if it costs only 1/3 more. It's simple economics. That holds true whether the stage length is 50 miles or 2,000.

What is time worth to you? Do you place a value on time? What would you be willing to pay to save four hours of driving every time you had to make a trip? Mileage? Gas? Parking? Extra meals? Hotel? Missed soccer games, little league, dance recitals, anniversaries? Would YOU drive two hours make a two or three leg commute to avoid flying one leg on an RJ from an airport 20-minutes from your house?

What you suggest is that the traveling public drive whatever distance you deem appropriate, wasting THEIR valuable time and expense and fly to some city they can't stand, in order to change planes - just so you can fly what you think you deserve at a rate that still won't make you happy.

Cheers,

Ummm, where exactly did I say this had anything to do with me deciding what routes to fly and for whatever rate I deem appropriate? I have no ********************ing say in how the airline universe operates. It's well outside the realm of simple economics that airlines will throw away extreme amounts of money on routes that don't stand a chance of ever making money just to preserve market share or to have bragging rights.

Dirtbags like JO and his ilk are simply lashing out because the endless supply of starry eyed 250 wonders willing to go into 100k of debt in exchange for a 20k a year job is gone. In an ideal world, all regionals will cease to exist. If a company sells a ticket from point a to point b, it's employees should provide the service, not some third rate POS scumbag outsourced company.

And yes, I do realize that includes my job going away. That's life. I'm entitled to absolutely nothing except finding a different job. If I do, great. If I fail, that's my own ********************ing problem, no one else's.

Last edited:
JO with his f---- ups put Mesa into chapter 11
lets not forget that, 350 million is a lot of money mr known all

dont blame the 50 seat demand, blame your uneducated decisions and arrogance

My boss and his lackeys blew an unbelievable amount of money on a failed experiment with a certain Airbus operator. They sure paid themselves handsomely for their efforts. We haven't hit BK court yet, but will eventually. I'm curious about what uneducated decisions I've made to cause the current state of the regional industry, other than working for one of the lower tier companies. I have zero school or training debt and none of the execs asked my input on any of their business dealings. Myself and my coworkers are the ones who will pay the price for their failure. Last I checked, I don't have a golden parachute worth millions. I simply don't care what happens to this place, especially after my boss goes before congress and blames me for the abysmal FO pay.

Sometimes paving the way to bankruptcy is by design. Especially in this industry. Bankruptcy gives them the green light to shed or restructure leases, revamp labor contracts etc, and with the railway labor act we have very little leverage. Look at how much American had in the bank when they filed. The bankruptcy system as well as the railway labor act need to be changed.

Sometimes paving the way to bankruptcy is by design. Especially in this industry. Bankruptcy gives them the green light to shed or restructure leases, revamp labor contracts etc, and with the railway labor act we have very little leverage. Look at how much American had in the bank when they filed. The bankruptcy system as well as the railway labor act need to be changed.[/QUO

gojo.............nice avitar

Latest resources

Back