• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba CRJs to be "asset" transfer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our scope clause addresses transfer airplanes and says pilots go with. It also discusses a merger/aquisition/consolidation seperately with seniority rights and ALPA policy. Both scenarios are covered. In addition, before any transaction a letter by the aquiring company has to be signed and agreed to!

Thanks Mesaba13 for that. Thanks redflyer, I pretty much go with the 10% rule in any company. 10% tend to be idiots/a$$holes. I just hate to think that I have had the bad luck to run into so many lately that are FO's at 9E. I even know a FO there and he is a great guy. And as for the clown who says there is no reason why to bring the pilots with the aircraft.....try this (I already mentioned it BTW) try calculating the training costs for the pilots to fly that many "new" aircraft.

I listened to our union leadership, 9E's and Colgans union leadership and they all seem to be on the same page and should work well together. It will be a tough fight and lets all give them some good support and not create dividing lines in our battle with this situation. Redflyer65, where are you at...I can guess with the 737 listed.

From the latest update, it seems that the Mesaba CRJs to Pinnacle will be an "asset" transfer and the props will be "merger" of Mesaba with Colgan. Am I reading this right? If so, I hate to be the one to say it, but all Mesaba pilots should get ready to be bent over.

It doesn't seem XJ pilots will be coming over with the jets. And if you think 9E management will help you or even the 9E MEC, you're in for a rude awakening. Our MEC has its own wars/problems within, let alone handle a situation like this. I can see management touting "asset transfer" and not "merger" therefore bypassing language within contract scope clauses. What exactly, to the WORD, is XJ scope protection? Someone post it here please. And what will prevent an asset transfer?

Good luck to you guys, you're gonna need it. And lube!

xj pilots will be coming with the jets, where has it been said that they wont? I dont know why you are posting stuff like this, all you are doing is getting xj pilots upset and we need to be one unified group here. I am not saying that they haven't said some nasty things about us in the past, but the second this aquisition was announced, i put that stuff in the past because we are going to get nothing we want if we don't work together from this point on.

Even as a 9E guy I posted up all the relevant sections in the MSA (XJ) CBA and 9E CBA. The issue isn't if pilots go- it's at what level (SLi/LOA/other). All MEC's will get together when the company states their intentions, until then it's all theories. There is ALPA merger policy, there is an LOA, there is a purchase, a successor, a merger, a transfer. It's all in the legal aspects and the direction the company tries to take. We are all pilots with one foe, we pay a crap-ton (by word) in dues for ALPA legal- let the process work.

Even as a 9E guy I posted up all the relevant sections in the MSA (XJ) CBA and 9E CBA. The issue isn't if pilots go- it's at what level (SLi/LOA/other). All MEC's will get together when the company states their intentions, until then it's all theories. There is ALPA merger policy, there is an LOA, there is a purchase, a successor, a merger, a transfer. It's all in the legal aspects and the direction the company tries to take. We are all pilots with one foe, we pay a crap-ton (by word) in dues for ALPA legal- let the process work.

You doing your best Higney85, but you have an uphill battle. Keep up the fight though!

Last edited:
It doesn't seem XJ pilots will be coming over with the jets. And if you think 9E management will help you or even the 9E MEC, you're in for a rude awakening. Our MEC has its own wars/problems within, let alone handle a situation like this. I can see management touting "asset transfer" and not "merger" therefore bypassing language within contract scope clauses. What exactly, to the WORD, is XJ scope protection? Someone post it here please. And what will prevent an asset transfer?

Good luck to you guys, you're gonna need it. And lube!

As an outside observer, it's interesting you wouldn't be saying, "We'll do out best to help out. We know this airline and management's attitude towards pilots. We won't let any pilot group get screwed."

Instead, you're continuing to do what management wants...divide and conquer. Very sad.

As an outside observer, it's interesting you wouldn't be saying, "We'll do out best to help out. We know this airline and management's attitude towards pilots. We won't let any pilot group get screwed."

Instead, you're continuing to do what management wants...divide and conquer. Very sad.
I agree.

The outspoken 9E pilots on these boards are doing a great disservice in a smooth integration and becoming a great regional with the best from all existing contracts.

I stated this before, but I will reiterate and change color for those that evidently do not see it or understand the difference.
Pinnacle Airlines did not purchase Mesaba Airlines! Pinnacle Holdings (Corp) did.

At a minimum, the XJ contract is in place and will continue "as is" on that side. XJ pilots welcome 9L guys and we will make it a smooth transition for you! Our Q rates are the same as our 200 rates listed on APC (about $3 less than our 900 rates).

With the transfer of aircraft to 9E, there are provisions that say the pilots have the opportunity to go with the aircraft. How is up do negotiations between our pilot groups. I would hope that the 9E guys would understand that the interation needs to be fair for everyone. But ALPA needs time to work it out, give them a chance would you.

Instead of beating your chest's on how XJ is screwed. Why don't you redirect that energy to Mgmt. and state how you want one seniority list (SLI) between the three, with the best of all contracts. Anything else and the whole corporation should shut down!!!!

I agree.

The outspoken 9E pilots on these boards are doing a great disservice in a smooth integration and becoming a great regional with the best from all existing contracts.

I stated this before, but I will reiterate and change color for those that evidently do not see it or understand the difference.
Pinnacle Airlines did not purchase Mesaba Airlines! Pinnacle Holdings (Corp) did.

At a minimum, the XJ contract is in place and will continue "as is" on that side. XJ pilots welcome 9L guys and we will make it a smooth transition for you! Our Q rates are the same as our 200 rates listed on APC (about $3 less than our 900 rates).

With the transfer of aircraft to 9E, there are provisions that say the pilots have the opportunity to go with the aircraft. How is up do negotiations between our pilot groups. I would hope that the 9E guys would understand that the interation needs to be fair for everyone. But ALPA needs time to work it out, give them a chance would you.

Instead of beating your chest's on how XJ is screwed. Why don't you redirect that energy to Mgmt. and state how you want one seniority list (SLI) between the three, with the best of all contracts. Anything else and the whole corporation should shut down!!!!

As a 9E guy I agree with your position, this needs to be done right. I have told Mesaba guys in person and I'll do it here, no one is interested in destroying the Mesaba pilot group in taking all the jets with no SLI. Unfortunately the pilots are not in charge. I've worked long enough for 9E to know how management runs this company, and the "never compromise savings" mantra will rear its ugly head.

Phil and management have said more than once that the only way for the 900 operation to make sense financially is to have a decent fleet size. The only cost effective route I see management taking is to bring all jet aircraft to 9E. The Colgan side of the equation isn't relevant here.

The original question remains as follows: What does Mesaba have in their contract to prevent management from pulling airframes without SLI? Even if there is a section which says as much about pilots going with airframes the company may not do it, and it will go to arbitration. You can see how well the arbitrators decision on our scope with Colgan has gone.

Your group has endured quite a lot these past few years and deserves a break, unfortunately I don't see that coming at the hands of Pinnacle management. You do have my support though nonetheless.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back