• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba CRJs to be "asset" transfer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this also should be very straightforward since between all three airlines you only fly four different ac, one ac in each of the four categories

since Mesaba's contract is coming due and the best of the three, hopefully you can take that contract and start with negotiating its upgrade, instead of trying to upgrade one that is already worse overall. Easy to say though and harder to do.

All I can say is that it looks like our management is being told by their overlords to start to dig in for a fight to stop the talk of a single seniority list as per the new FAQ on mymesaba. Our union has to fight to stop this as it would screw more of us than any other scenerio including making intergrating the super senior 900 guys difficult for the 98E pilots. This is not good news and once again I think that other airlines (Pinnacle) has gotten this news before we did as I heard this said last week by some pinnacle pilot on a web board. Let me just hope that it is date of hire if we get asset tranfered and not a single seniority list and I have to leave the mesaba contract to the contract issues they are having. if I am asset transfered over there then I want our contract to go with us and my date of hire. If people want to bring up the LOA that gives us a 2-1 for our seniority I had nothing to do with some letter of agreement signed 10-15 years ago! Where is our unions response to this? I have always said that they cannot just show their hand in their negotiations but this is rediculous. I would like to know that 9E's union is with us and not going to offer us some rediculous ratio for our seniority! We are being bought by a holdings company, not Pinnacle. So if I get transfered to them, I should stand on an equal footing as any other pilot. DATE OF HIRE-That being said I would rather have one list, one contract and a fair intergration.

Our DO came into a meeting last week. He said the company is viewing it as two holdings companies with ONE seniority list. How that list is integrated is up to the union. I heard it straight from his mouth.

Our DO came into a meeting last week. He said the company is viewing it as two holdings companies with ONE seniority list. How that list is integrated is up to the union. I heard it straight from his mouth.

You heard it straight from his mouth which could be directed to say something totally different by Uncle Phil as this process goes further down the road. The folks in MSP basically know as little as we do in this whole process. The ones pulling the real strings are from the deep south.

Yup I'm betting many of our managers will be removed from their positions as this process moves along. We are all expendable pawns here now.

Latest resources

Back