• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots in PHX with plywood boards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All this MESA bashing reminds me Jr. High where kids would tease other students to make them feel as insecure as they do. Grow up already, and while you're at it KIDS tell us how GREAT your company is at................
Comair
Eagle
ExpressJet
Mesaba
Chautauqua
SkyWest
ASA
Pinacle
TSA
Air Wisconsin
Colgan
Piedmont

NOT THAT GOOD IS IT?
We should all come togeter as one, and I agree that Mesa is one company that needs to fix things despretely, but so does YOUR GREAT COMPANY.

No, mesa is in fact truly pathetic, and I learned this the hard way. Some of those regionals do not belong on your list with mesa: COMAIR, XJET, CHQ, SKW, AWAC, Colgan, and PDT are in an entirely different league than mesa.

You need to accept that fact that you work at one of the two or three worst airlines in the US, and that JO only gave you a job not because of your valuable skills, but because of your willingness to work for sub-burger king wages. Once you accept the harsh reality you can start thinking about how to correct the problem.

It is very rare for a an actual mesa pilot to defend the company, as they are inherently indefensible. I assume you are still in new-hire training or were an MAPD PFT?

It is very rare for a an actual mesa pilot to defend the company, as they are inherently indefensible. I assume you are still in new-hire training or were an MAPD PFT?

You are not paying attention. Nobody is saying Mesa is great. Basically you have a large group of $hitty companies treating their employees like dirt -- just some people seem to think their $hit stinks less than others.

On an up note.....

I simply can't believe this! Mesa pilots sporting wood at work.

.....they can sport wood at work and not have to go to sensitivity training. It's company approved!!!

I blame the pilots, if they wouldnt work under those conditions mgmt would not expect it!

That is so true.
By the way, your avitar is one of the funniest I've seen on here yet. I'm still giggling as I look at it now.

X9746 ONLY ON THU BSE REPT: 1718L OPERATES- OCT. 05 ONLY Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
Base/Equipment: PHX/CR9 CA01FO01 -

TH 2815 PHX-OKC 1803 2208 205 206 3CR9
TH 2799 OKC-LAS 2238 2324 246 242 CR9 451 0 448 0 621 LA2234 -
7462 D-END: 2339L (NR 900) REPT: 2213L ST. TROPEZ (702) 369-5400 000 -- -- -- -- -- --
FR 2886 LASIAH 22580406 308 253 1154
SA 2783 IAH-PHX 0600 0640 240 256 55 CR9
SA 2819 PHX-TUS 0735 0825 50 46 45 CR9
SA 2972 TUS-LAS 0910 1028 118 116 CR9 756 0 751 0 1230 LAS 1228
7463 D-END: 1043L (NR 900) REPT: 2311L ST. TROPEZ (702) 369-5400 000
SA 2835 LAS-TUS 2356 0116 120 116 CR9 120 0 116 0 220 TUS 1219
7464 D-END: 0131L (NR 900) REPT: 1350L LaQuinta Inn (520) 573-3333 SHUTTLE 000
SU 2944 TUS-PHX 1435 1524 49 49 104 CR9
SU 2910 PHX-DEN 1628 1916 148 147 37 CR9
SU 2911 DEN-PHX 1953 2046 153 152 CR9 430 0 428 1 711
D-END: 2101L --------------------------------------
TOTALS BLOCK 1837 DHD 0 CREDIT 1823 18.38 T.A.F.B. 7543
---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
Hear is an example of a Mesa camping trip. Sorry that is didn't transfer well. If you notice, the crew gets into IAH at 4:06 and leaves at 6 am. Let me ask this question. Does your contract prevent your company from building a trip like this? Woud you get a hotel for the 1:54 minute turn? -Bean

Let me type big and red so my reply is easy to find. In my opinion, regardless of the fact that its a 2:53 turn or whatever the time was, this is backside-of-the-clock flying, and over a duty period of over 12 hours, AND it is also being a 4 legger....well, this is just BEGGING for a fatigue related accident.
There is no excuse for this type of trip building. The blood trail behind JO will grow.

All this MESA bashing reminds me Jr. High where kids would tease other students to make them feel as insecure as they do. Grow up already, and while you're at it KIDS tell us how GREAT your company is at................
Comair
Eagle
ExpressJet
Mesaba
Chautauqua
SkyWest
ASA
Pinacle
TSA
Air Wisconsin
Colgan
Piedmont

NOT THAT GOOD IS IT?
We should all come togeter as one, and I agree that Mesa is one company that needs to fix things despretely, but so does YOUR GREAT COMPANY.

Well, all of the aforementioned either do not have such a ridiculous schedule, or they give you a hotel.

LOL just about with what they pay 1st years. Its really a crime what they pay their FO's there.

I don't work for MESA but I do know that their T-Prop F/O is equal to SkyWest and their Jet F/O pay is more than SkyWest.

And at-least they have 70&90 seat pay-rates...

The MAG pilots are saving JO money so he can buy another 10 or 12 bikes...what a bunch of troopers!

People don't seem to realize that at Mesa, the pilots had their arms twisted for the last contract (all the flying was being moved to the "new" non-union carrier, post-9/11). It's up for re-negotiation Mar 07 and you can be SURE the pilots are prepared for a fight this time. Mesa work rules stink..that's for sure but we are going to fight on the new contract. The option is to NOT work for Mesa. Great option! I say find a job somewhere else if at all possible. It just isn't possible for everyone.

I don't work for MESA but I do know that their T-Prop F/O is equal to SkyWest and their Jet F/O pay is more than SkyWest.

And at-least they have 70&90 seat pay-rates...

????

You are beyond clueless. Mesa has no work rules...these are things that SKWY gets paid for that mesa does NOT:

WX delays
ATC Delays
Daily rig
Trip Rig
Mx Delays( mesa is supposed to get paid, but managers re-code as Wx)
CANX
Block or Better
Training events (mesa pilots attend PC's for free)
Hotel during training.
Quarterly bonuses (at mesa you get $15 off a holiday turkey)

Also there are a 1001 things SKYW does to enhance QOL. Mesa intentionally destroys QOL....this started about a year ago and I assume it is a softening-up tactic for the 2007 contract.

I've flown at both carriers, and SKYW pays about 30-40% more.

Also, I used to be optomistic about the 2007 contract, but no more...the new MEC is weaker than a girl scout troop, and I think JO is going to kick their asses again. Too many low-timers that are afraid to lose their shiny jet...

When I reached that conclusion, I left.

Last edited:
You are extremely hostile. I am not beyond clueless, my eyes are wide open about Mesa. Not all of your information is accurate, by the way. Well, as I said...not everyone has the option to leave so easily. Good for you! I am happy that you love your new job. I am not willing to make a lateral move to be an FO at another regional...and a lot of other pilots are in the same boat. I say if any of our FO's can get hired somewhere else...go for it!

Latest resources

Back