• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots in PHX with plywood boards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm glad we have solved the problem, even though I never intend on working for Mesa and don't condone their management. Wood someone figure out the answer to the original question on this thread? Why were the pilots carrying the planks? Sleeping on a plank would hurt my ASH by the time dawn rolled around.

Any wonder why the PROFESSIONAL pilots here are willing to walk away?

But we've yet to see any pilots walk away en masse. Only threats and saber rattling.

Everyone keeps saying that someone needs to take one for the team, but no one is willing to be the first ones to do it.

As long as that is the case you can bet who will ALWAYS have the upper hand.

But we've yet to see any pilots walk away en masse. Only threats and saber rattling.

Everyone keeps saying that someone needs to take one for the team, but no one is willing to be the first ones to do it.

As long as that is the case you can bet who will ALWAYS have the upper hand.

No sheet.

Frankly, I think you have to hand it to the NWA flight attendants. They're the only airline labor group that isn't just threatening a strike, but has actively and publicly fighting for the right to do so. They're SERIOUS about it, as opposed to , say, every pilot group that's gotten raped over the past 5 years.

Only one poster mentioned fatigue. That tells me if the non mesa types were put into the same situation, they would probanly crater or quit.... which doesn't solve the problem....

If this is really because they will not get hotels for stand ups then MESA MANAGEMENT SUCKS AZZ. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE INDUSTRY DEVIL-BURN IN HELL. (please note that I am talking about the management not the pilots)

If this is really because they will not get hotels for stand ups then MESA MANAGEMENT SUCKS AZZ. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE INDUSTRY DEVIL-BURN IN HELL. (please note that I am talking about the management not the pilots)

I blame the pilots, if they wouldnt work under those conditions mgmt would not expect it!

These are just hard times and everyones' learning to adjust. Things will get better. Management will see the light and equip all the chimp jets with 'pull-out boards' for sleeping, upward spraying toilets for quick showers and spray on Ozium so the crew can last for days without having to go home.

LONG LIVE MESA!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I am reading this wrong but WTF is with doing 4 legs on a redeye pairing??? That is just plain stupid and not safe. At ExpressJet it is 2 legs maximum and they limit the sit time. Usually LAX to somewhere in Mexico and then IAH. Most redeye pairings are 1 leg and you are done. There is no way that you guys are safe if you are doing 4 legs. That is complete BS and you should call in Fatigued! I know I wouldn't be getting on that PHX-TUS flight or the TUS-LAS as a passenger....

Yet it's done every day....

It will only change when one of these crews is up front when someone gets killed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back