Mesa MEC votes NO on TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdub20s

Well folks..The MEC decided to not send the TA to the pilot group. "Fuzzy" language and a lack of min days off caused them to vote it down. I for one am glad they did. From my understanding of what kind if language was being used, we were in for a even BIGGER screwing if voted in. Kudos to this MEC

Good job MEC! Keep working to make MESA not suck!

Well folks..The MEC decided to not send the TA to the pilot group. "Fuzzy" language and a lack of min days off caused them to vote it down. I for one am glad they did. From my understanding of what kind if language was being used, we were in for a even BIGGER screwing if voted in. Kudos to this MEC

Bigger screwing? Lack of min days off? Were they going for 4 days off per month?? Why doesn't JO set up some kind of compound in PHX, ORD, and IAD where he could keep the pilots available, free housing of course with 3 square meals a day.

Last edited:
I think they have a compound already set up in ORD. That's what it looked like last time i was in their crew room, judging from the amount of people who appeared to actually be living there.

B

FWIW...Here is the blast mail. I am hoping they can get an extra day off per month. Right now with going to a monthly sched instead of our current 28 day/13 bid a year sched. our days off are a wash.

Fellow Pilots,
The MEC met today to discuss the Tentative Agreement (TA) brought forth by the Negotiating Committee. After much discussion, the MEC ultimately decided not to send this agreement out to the pilot group for ratification. While the TA contained some improvements that the pilot group was looking to achieve, the MEC ultimately decided that it did not include the clarity and language necessary to resolve many issues MAG pilots face. Your MEC was also concerned that no improvements to minimum days off were achieved in the TA. The MEC delivered this message to management, and it is our hope to get back to the table as quickly as possible. Our goal is to achieve a contract that addresses your concerns while providing the improvements deserved and demanded by this pilot group.

Bigger screwing? Lack of min days off? Were they going for 4 days off per month?? Why doesn't JO set up some kind of compound in PHX, ORD, and IAD where he could keep the pilots available, free housing of course with 3 square meals a day.

It's called Department of Correction

Or The Ornstein Prison

Mesa sucks.

Typical response !!...Maybe they will sign another crappy contract on purpose ..all that pilot group gets is "your dragging down the industry" and now they are fighting for what is right and the MEC obviously has some balls and this is what they get "Mesa Sucks"..nice way to support them a little bit.

Good job, guys. Keep fighting. You'll get the contract that your group deserves. You've been suffering for far too long under the current agreement.

You kind of have to wonder if they will get a contract done now before a bankruptcy court will come to them asking for concessions. At least the people at Xjt will be able to look back fondly at a good contract.

Latest resources

Back